The Freedom Bar

01 53 75 25 50

The Freedom Bar Paris Reviews

meghanmc meghanmc
Chill bar just off the Champs Elysees Oct 31, 2007
I use "chill" in the most time-relative sense. If you go there in the middle of the afternoon, the atmosphere will be laid back. If you go there in the evening, depending on the night, you could be up for a rowdy good time.

The Freedom is just off the Champs Elysees, and let me tell you, if you're not with someone who knows where they're going, you'll be lucky if you stumble across it. I know for a fact that it would take me at least a street map and a couple of street crossings (to get to the correct side) before I'd be able to find it again. I always went with friends who knew exactly where they were going.

The bar is dubbed an "English" bar, so there are lots of big wooden tables and pints of Guinness aplenty. There is also a dancefloor, and in the back are pool tables. The dancefloor may or may not be hoppin', it depends on what time of night you arrive--the music is extremely eclectic, so be ready to dance to everything from rap to techno. You'll find lots of different kinds of people there, most of whom (in my experience) are regulars.

Depending on the night there's a cover--but I think that's to check your coat. It's not too expensive, maybe at most 5euros. And it IS a relief (particularly in the winter) to not have to carry around a coat and scarf.

The other perks of going to the Freedom is that nearby are the wonderful late night or all night fast food places along the Champs...namely the Quick. When Freedom closes at three, make your way over there for some post bar deliciousness!
sylviandavid says:
Thanks for the review...... sylvia
Posted on: Jan 01, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About The Freedom Bar

Halloween in Paris
This was the first night all my favorite people in Paris hung out...Melissa, Asra, Sally, Mika, and Loz.  This was my France family.  On this particular night, we went for drinks at a bar o…Freedom.  I'd visit that bar again on my last night in Paris...one of my all time favorite…

Check Paris Hotel Deals