The Flying Biscuit

Atlanta, Georgia

The Flying Biscuit Atlanta Reviews

rainydaygrey rainyday…
Jun 05, 2006
One of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta. It's kind of a hipster paradise. Really unique decor and fun atmosphere in the middle of downtown Atlanta. I read recently though that the owner has sold it to Raving Brands, the company that own's Moe's, and is turning The Flying Biscuit into a national chain. In my opinion, this goes completely against the atmosphere and vibe of the place. It was my favorite little "Atlanta" thing that one couldn't find in any other city.

So, this is an ode to the Bohemian Breakfast. No more breakfasts of a cup of coffee, a brownie, and two cigarettes. You can't do these things as a national chain. I guess they'll change the waitstaff from being cool asshole types to subservient corporate slaves too. It was fun while it lasted.

Definitely grab a biscuit if you're ever in Atlanta so that in a couple of years you can say that you went to the original.
AtlantaScottyV says:
This is a great little restaurant, and yes, she did sell it to Raving Brands. But it's not in downtown, it's in Midtown, at the corner of Piedmont Avenue and 10th Street. The original location is in the Candler Park region of Atlanta on McClendon Avenue. You can visit them at http://www.flyingbiscuit.com/
Posted on: Aug 24, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About The Flying Biscuit

Flying Biscuit, Stone Mountian, Joe's & Shout!
We were up this morning well before the sun was! Showered and ready for a full day of TB funness, Lena & I headed out to the MARTA station near our hotel. It was a quick ride to the Candler Park …Atlanta! After everyone had their fill, we said good bye to the nice people at the Flying Biscuit and made…

Check Atlanta Hotel Deals