The Fish House Encore

102341 Overseas Hwy , Miami, FL, USA

The Fish House Encore Miami Reviews

sirenn9 sirenn9
Jan 21, 2007
Key Largo kind of caught me off-guard because it was a lot less developed than other areas of Southern Florida that we saw, such as Key Biscayne and the Miami area, in general. For the most part, what I saw was kind of Rustic and very tropical. The vegetation reminded me a lot of the Big Island actually, specifically between Hilo and Volcano. Key Largo is home to a big coral reef national park, where you can rent snorkeling equipment for cheap. There's also a lot of diving sites, and places that are good for hiking. The beaches on Key Largo are really nice and less crowded than the ones in Miami and other more popular areas. I was under the impression that Key Largo is one of the less touristy keys.

The Fish House was one of very few restaurants I saw on the this island. Their menu is seafood, for the most part but they also have meat, chicken, burgers and all the classics. We came here because they had a large, varied menu and because we had heard they had great key lime pie. We ended up ordering the ceviche, fried shrimp and key lime pie. Our appetizers were really good, but nothing spectacular, however, the slice of key lime pie was enormous and the pie itself was like no lemon or lime pie I had ever tasted before. It was unbelievably good and addicting- so good, in fact, that we scraped our plate clean. A definite must when in the keys with a sweet tooth!!

Check Miami Hotel Deals