The Fern Residency
1B/A Shiv Mandir Road, Jodhpur, India
+91 291 251 4444
Check Jodhpur Hotel Deals
The Fern Residency Jodhpur Reviews
Smelly hotel in Jodhpur Jan 06, 2016
Heres a brief description of our 1 night stay in this hotel.
What i like about this hotel:
1. We got a suite Room 501 on the 5th floor (corner room), so it was big whilst everyone else got a normal room.
What I do not like about this hotel:
1. An Austrian couple who were part of our tour group was given a normal room 2 doors away from ours and their room totally stink! Its an extremely musty Indian armpit smelling room (I do not know how else to describe this, I dont mean to offend Indians in TB but I detect only Indians have this kind of body ordour). So they requested for another room. And we later found out that an Indian couple was given this room. They seem to be able to bear the smell maybe because they are Indians.
2. There are only 2 super small lifts (1 being a fire lift). The lifts were extremely slow so we had to climb up the stairs on the way to our room. We came across dirty laundry, extra mattresses at the staircase. Imagine if there is a fire, wouldnt this be a fire hazard??
3. Our room also had a certain musty smell but still bearable.
4. Floor in room was as usual dusty in Indian hotels.
5. There was a disco bar on the 1st/ 2nd floor. There was absolutely no patrons in the bar yet the music was still blasting so loud at midnight! Whatever for? It was a Tuesday that we were here.
6. Before we left for checkout, i wanted to go to the toilet near the breakfast area. It was a scary way down to what feels like you are out of the hotel. The door of the toilet was like what you see in public toilets (the lock was not secure) and cleanliness was an issue.
7. We were told there is a swimming pool but the only way to access this swimming pool is to walk out of the hotel and then back into the building attached. Imagine walking in your bikini out of the hotel in a street like this? Errr..no bathrobes available in hotel room.
4 / 4 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!