The Fairmont Southampton

Check Hamilton Hotel Deals

The Fairmont Southampton Hamilton Reviews

marybheine marybhei…
Southampton Princess, very expensive Mar 23, 2008
I often stay here on business, and enjoy the hotel very much. I do have a criticism about the hotel housekeeping staff. They will often yell things to each other in the hallway, not realizing that some people behind their doors with the "privacy please" on their doorknob could actually be sleeping. Of course, this is during the day, and they must incorrectly assume that everyone is out of their room. However, as a member of a flight crew, we often keep different hours from the regular tourists, and are actually trying to nap during the day.

I also have to cater food from here for my return flight back to the States. It is extremely expensive. I had 2 bags of food, which included some soup, some salad, and some cookies. I was charged $173 for this food, and they added an extra $100 tip for gratuity for putting the order together. Wow, what a huge rip-off. Everything that the hotel staff does for you will add on a 20% tip. What a rip-off.
marybheine says:
I prefer the Fairmount Hamilton. At least you can walk around and be in town. The Southampton is like being in the country. Without a car (and no tourists can drive one), you'll have to rely on cabs to go anywhere. It's fine if you love to golf and not shop.
Posted on: Sep 18, 2011
TheDivineG says:
I am very grateful to know that before going. I will be sure to avoid asking for anything or by the end of the week I may end up having to wash dishes...
Would you say Fairmont Hamilton is a better choice or the southampton?
Posted on: Sep 11, 2011