The Fairfax at Embassy Row

The Fairfax at Embassy Row Rates and Deals

The Fairfax at Embassy Row Washington Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Old style decor with a friendly staff Nov 06, 2011
I was on business at the OSA headquarters in Washington DC and like to choose my hotel close to where my meeting is held. There are many choices in the Dupont Circle area, but I like Embassy Row for its old world style buildings and European feel. When I travel there on business I always try a different hotel (at government rate of course). This year I stayed at The Fairfax at Embassy Row Hotel.

It's a rather charming looking hotel at the corner of 21st Street and Massachusetts Avenue. A good looking brick structure with a Greco-Roman design for the entrance and a modern overhang sign at the Entrance, saying simply "The Fairfax". The multi-paned glass doors with gold trim adds a touch of color and there is always a doorman to invite you inside with a smile. The lobby itself is not large or well lighted, but it is cozy.

I was particularly impressed with the friendly staff. Everyone who works here obviously takes some pride in their work, and the hotel itself is meticulously maintained. Each time I entered or exited the hotel the staff would greet me with "Have a nice day, sir", or "Welcome back, sir". I found this gave me an extra step in my comings and goings to be so politely & cordially addressed. I found there was rarely anything out of place in neatness here too.

The rooms, like the rest of the hotel, are rather old fashioned style. While this may not be to everyones liking, what they endeavor to offer is done well in this style. The rooms are nicely maintained, immaculately clean and quite comfortable. The bathrooms are rather small, but stylish, in good operation and well supplied. I found very little to complain about room wise in this regard, except that there was no complimentary water supplied. Wifi is not free either.

I did sample the restaurant for breakfast one morning. Like the rest of the hotel, the decor is rather old fashioned. There are plenty of waiter staff to see to your needs and the food is quite good. I had a ham and cheese omelet, and of quite a good size too, which was served with toast and a selection of fruit. I was quite pleased, but it was not exactly cheap for the price (~$20). However, when I checked my hotel invoice later, the charge did not appear. It may have been complimentary.

Overall, DC is expensive for quality hotels, but the Fairfax has decent quality for the price. The style is old fashioned, but quite charming, and the staff is first class and friendly. I never had the feeling they were just going through the motions. Just a personal reflection, but this courtesy sometimes makes a big difference in your day, especially when you are traveling on business and receive a smile with a friendly word to begin or end the day. I can recommend The Fairfax at Embassy Row.
Hotel Entrance I
Hotel Entrance II
Hallway
Room Door

The Fairfax at Embassy Row Overview

The Fairfax at Embassy Row, located in Dupont Circle, is minutes away from numerous site attractions, such as the Vietnam Memorial, Kennedy Center and Capitol Hill. The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum is also within easy reach, as well as Lincoln Memorial and the White House.

The Fairfax at Embassy Row holds 259 guestrooms, including suites and junior suites, all offering extensive views of Embassy Row and the National Cathedral. All rooms provide an array of amenities designed to provide utter comfort and luxury. Premium beddings and designer toiletries are complimented by iPOd docking stations and Internet access. Cable televisions and mini bars round out the top amenities.

Projecting neoclassical features in the Regency style, the Fairfax at Embassy Row is a picture of elegance and grace. The Fairfax at Embassy Row’s traditional image is complimented by a restaurant that serves classical American dishes, including smoked turkey. Other amenities, however, are more modern, with the complimentary Internet access, fitness facility and a fully equipped business center.

The Fairfax at Embassy Row Amenities

• Ballroom
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes