The Exmouth Arms Euston

Check London Hotel Deals

The Exmouth Arms Euston London Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
My First and Favorite Hostel Aug 03, 2016
At best I was expecting uncomfortable. At worst I was expecting to wake up with a missing kidney in a bath tub full of ice. In retrospect, I should probably not be allowed to watch horror movies.

It turns out that my first experience with a hostel was way better than I ever possibly could have imagined. I dare say that if everyone stayed at The Exmouth Arms Euston, they would never think twice about staying at a hostel ever again.

From the moment I arrived I was treated like an old friend. Not as a friend who is old. They didn't speak loudly to me or feed me butterscotch candy. Not that kind of old. I meant someone that they've been friends with for a long time. I probably didn't really need to explain that but, you know, just in case.

There wasn't an actual front desk. When you walk in you are basically inside a bar. Upon looking at their website, it appears that they have remodeled quite extensively. At the time (a little over a year ago), I immediately fell in love with the warm and inviting bar called Pub Love. Mix matched wood furnishings and wonderful knick knacks as their decor, it was just the kind of place I would hang out with my friends to have a few pints. From viewing their website now, it looks significantly more upscale.

Up to the bar I went where my bags were cheerfully whisked away and held for me until later in the day...I was way early for check-in. That was fine with me since I had already planned on checking out the London Zoo.

Upon returning from my morning and afternoon outing, I checked into my room and met one of my new "roommates." It was an eight bunk dorm. My first time ever staying in a hostel. So far, so good. The room contained four bunk beds and eight lockers. That was about it. Not that I was expecting anything more than that. The linens and the room itself seemed very clean. I would eventually find that the bathrooms and showers were kept equally as clean.

In my week of staying at The Exmouth I became familiar with most of the staff. Every last one of them are truly exceptional. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about each and every one of them. They were genuinely friendly and interesting individuals. They all went out of their way to make my stay there perfect in every way.

The best part about this hostel was the customer service. The next best part? The bar is open 24 hours a day for guests of the hostel. Just like at my house! Just to make sure they weren't lying to me, I took advantage of it. By 7am the only people left standing were myself and the bartender, Paul.

And then there was Patricia who is just simply one of the nicest people I met during my travels in Europe. She tried every way she could to help me when I was unable to get into my locker. She was so unbelievably nice and helpful.

The location is centrally located. A few blocks away from Euston, St. Pancras, Kings Cross. There are several bars, restaurants, and convenient stores in the immediate area. Like every bar I saw in London, happy hour time is very busy. Pub Love is no exception. And it draws a very friendly crowd.

I was actually upset when I left this hostel. I will forever have fond memories of my time spent there.
hanleyscot says:
Glad you liked it! I normally write these just to amuse myself because I never expect that anyone else will actually read them. haha
Posted on: Aug 27, 2016
hanleyscot says:
I would've paid more. But don't tell them that.
Posted on: Jun 20, 2016
trippin_jen says:
seems like a fair price for that location. :)
Posted on: Jun 19, 2016