The Esplanade Hotel

11 The Esplanade, Melbourne, Australia - (03) 9534 0211

The Esplanade Hotel Melbourne Reviews

Saltwater Saltwater
Best Music Venue Ever Jul 17, 2011
Ive called 'The Espy' my lounge room since I was 17. There is LIVE music every night of the week. Great pub food deals every other night. The music in this venue changes each night from open mike night, reggae and funk on a Sunday or Heavier alternative on a Sat night. A lot of big bands have come through 'The Espy' such as Public enemy (USA), The Meanies, Kid Koala (Can), Dillinger Escape Plan (USA), De La Soul (USA), Muph & Plutonic, Horrorshow, The Fauves, Ash Grunwald (Aus), Gomez (UK), Arabian Prince - N.W.A (USA),Q Bert - World best scratch DJ(USA),

Supernatural - World best Battle MC (Usa),

Rahzel - World best Beatboxer (USA), The Wailers (Jam), Inspector Cluzo (France), Little Red (Aus), Mowgli (Italy) and that's just to name a few. As you can see there is a lot of different types of music being played here. No one night is the same as the week after especially on the weekend. There is no dress code as long as you have clothes and something on your feet like thongs( sandal's, flip flops, jandles). Ive seen one guy dressed in a suit straight from work rocking out to alternative band standing next to a girl with dreadlocks and tie dye pants both enjoying the same music.

I think I've only ever seen one fight. People do get asked to leave if they've had to much to drink.

Every time I go travelling I try to find a place as close as possible to 'The Espy'. Every time i return home to Melbourne 'The Espy' is the first place I go for a night out, I've even gone straight from the airport to "The Espy'. I could go on and on about how good 'The Espy' is but like everything you have to experience it for yourself. I am positive you will have a great night there and I hope to see you there one day. Rock on 'Espy'

Check Melbourne Hotel Deals