The Emporium

801 South Main, Del Rio, TX, USA

The Emporium Del Rio Reviews

scubagirl76 scubagir…
Jan 02, 2008
The emporium is one of my favorite ice cream shops to go to here in Del Rio. Well it's the only "real" ice cream shop here! I mean what Texas town doesn't have a dairy queen right? That's beside the point though ;) The emporium serves ice cream in a variety of flavors as well as other delicious treats like bana splits, root beer floats, sherberts, and well you get the point! The place looks and feels like a soda fouintain from the early 1900's. When you walk in you order your treat and then sit at a ricketty little table on ricketty little chairs and they bring out the ice cream to you. Then when you're done with the ice cream you can do a little shopping, this is the place where I get my scrapbook paper. They sell obviously scrapbooking suplies, educational toys and books, jams & jellies, and other knick knacks! A really a fun place, located in downtown historic Del Rio.

Today 1-21-08 my oldest and I went into the emporium after her eye appointment, I really like taking my girls here individually after appointments of some type or another, it gives us good one-on-one time! Anyway she had a scoop of the chocolate chip cookie dough and I had a scoop of the mint chocolate chip, yummm!
the emporium
soda fountain
the shop
texas_cutie75 says:
Way to describe one of my favorite places in Del Rio!
Posted on: Feb 04, 2008
scubagirl76 says:
they do!
Posted on: Jan 23, 2008
stabber911 says:
tell me if they have cookie and cream flavor??
Posted on: Jan 22, 2008