The Empire Hotel causeway Bay

The Empire Hotel causeway Bay Rates and Deals

The Empire Hotel causeway Bay Hong Kong Reviews

MeiYen MeiYen
The Empire Hotel Causeway Bay Jul 23, 2010
This is an affordable hotel in Hong Kong. We booked 5 rooms for 5 nights at the rate of HKD 880 with breakfast per room per night. The hotel is located very nearby to Tin Hau MTR station which is just a stop away from Causeway Bay station. Actually you could even walk to Sogo and Times Square at Causeway Bay. Best of all it is located down the road from my favourite beef noodle shop.

There were 10 adults and 1 child in our group that stays in this hotel and 7 of them are arriving early from Penang and the 3 of us arrive at night so my aunt had checked in on our behalf. Apparently the rooms were not ready when they arrived so they were given complimentary vouchers for 1 person per room for foot reflexology. The hotel lobby is small but sleek. Over the course of 6 days I did liaise with the front office as there were occasions where my key card doesn’t work. So far I met 2 unfriendly front office personnel who were rude. That being said, there was one who was helpful when we were sorting out our bills prior to check out and the concierge who was ever friendly and cheerful. I guess there are times when you will encounter some good and some bad.

The rooms are neither big nor small, an average size, clean and comfortable with a considerable 42” flat panel TV. In room Internet cost HKD 40 an hour. The highlight is the “magic glass” that separates the bathroom and the room. There is a switch next on the bedside table for the “magic glass” where with a flick, the glass turns translucent and you could have a clear view of the person who’s showering in there! The bathroom is pretty small though.

The breakfast spread was decent. The first day when we had breakfast there the food was cold. The second day was better and for the rest of the days, we had enough as they serve the same varieties on a daily basis. There are basic items that you serve daily, then again there are a couple of items that rotates but with this hotel it is the same thing everyday. Seems like the profiteroles and sausages are the nicer items and occasionally the dumplings.

Well, the hotel have its moments, I will stay there again though to be near my beef noodle shop!
MeiYen says:
Tell me about it! I only found out when my mom who shared the room with me waited for me to get into the shower and did it! She had a grin on her face and waved at me. My goodness! :)
Posted on: Sep 05, 2010
Tarheel_Roli says:
(-:
You have been there as well *ha ha*
The Magic Glass - pretty unforgetable, when you see it for the firt time. The flat panel TV was great too, and the hotel design is pretty cool.
Posted on: Sep 05, 2010
ferroo says:
Perfect review except for the pic of Magic glass :)
Posted on: Aug 25, 2010
Tarheel_Roli Tarheel_…
Brand New Hotel May 29, 2009
This hotel is brand new and had its opening in 2009. We took advantage of a special rate during the hotel's soft opening - if these rates were permanent, the value of this hotel could hardly be topped.

The hotel is located on the northern shore of Hong Kong Island in the Causeway Bay area. It is not situated in the middle of the action, but the MTR Tin Hau subway station is only a short walk (3-5 minutes) from the hotel, and it's a short ride on the blue Island Line to Central Station (4 stops). A double-decker tram stop is even closer than the Tin Hau station, and one can ride to Central for only 2 HKD.

This is Hong Kong, so the rooms of this hotel only offer very limited space. Beds are quite short as well, but I am not that tall so it was not a problem. The room design is very modern and features a 42-inch LCD TVs. Unfortunately TV programs are limited to 20 channels or so. Internet service is available for a fee - quite expensive though, so I did not use it. Bathroom & Shower are state of the art.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and I definitely would consider staying in this hotel again.

The Empire Hotel causeway Bay Overview

This Hong Kong hotel is convenient to a major shopping area. There are also plenty of business destinations in close proximity to the Empire Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong. The Clock Tower, HK Stadium and the Central Plaza are not far removed from this establishment. This hotel offers guests a transfer to the Hong Kong International Airport. There is private parking available to guests who arrive in their own transportation, and there is public transit available from the property.

This hotel is rated as a 4-star establishment. There are modern amenities in all of the rooms at the Empire Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong, including high-speed Internet connections and large-screen digital televisions. The rooms are non-smoking, air conditioned and have private baths.

This hotel has its own restaurant that features upscale cuisine. There is also space for meetings or other gatherings at the Empire Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong, and business services are available from the staff. For relaxation, the hotel offers guests a swimming pool and a fitness center where they can unwind.

The Empire Hotel causeway Bay Amenities