The Embassie Hostel

Check Liverpool Hotel Deals

The Embassie Hostel Liverpool Reviews

nasibra nasibra
very friendly place to stay Jul 01, 2011
I stayed here a few different times over many years and always enjoyed it.Very social and has wonderful hostel kitchen where you can hang out and talk with the other guests.

Warning: Free toast and jam can be addictive.

In warm weather there were great barbecues.

Very nice owners Kev Sr and Jr.Kev Sr has lots of good stories to tell. His jokes were a mixed bag.:-)

Location was not so central but quaint part of town,once I got the route down I didnt mind the location.

I would recommend this to anyone wanting to stay in Liverpool.
JudgeDredd JudgeDre…
Nov 02, 2007
The Embassie Hostel is a beautiful terrace house built in 1820 in the unspoilt Georgian square used in the filming of "In the Name of the Father". You will notice a flagpole on the front of the house because, until 1986,this was the home of the Consulate of Venezuela - and that is why it is called the "Embassie".

This is where I stayed for the two nights in Liverpool.

Kevin Sr. the owners father who helps run the place is a great guy! He was great to chat with and he even give me a lift to the Everton match; he is a toffee fan and was heading to the match with his grandson. Kevin Sr. made this place shine!

I stayed in one of the larger rooms and felt the price was a little expensive for how many other people I was sharing the two rooms that adjoined one another. The bathroom and shower situation was not too bad, but could see it being a pain if the house was really busy. The hostel is open 24/7 but to gain access one must ring a bell. This becomes a common noise heard throughout the night!

It is a bit of a hike from the train station to this hostel, expect a good 20-30 minute walk and is slightly uphill for a short while.

I did enjoy my stay here and would stay again.
The Embassie Hostel