The Elk and Oarsmen

Banff Avenue, Banff, Canada

The Elk and Oarsmen Banff Reviews

clowboy clowboy
Great Value and Atmosphere Aug 01, 2011
Specials most days of the week, our last meal was Wednesday night Elk burgers (made from Elk meat), I think it was $12 from memory. Beers were around $5.

The food was excellent as was the service, the only real complaint I would have is that it was rather busy and I kind of got the feeling that they wanted to turn the tables over as quickly as they could. In this way the service was a little overbearing.

The atmosphere here was also very good.

I will eat here again in the future.
hannah_mags hannah_m…
Affordable, good food Apr 08, 2008
Great food, unbelievable portions!

I ordered half a portion of nachos as a starter and couldn't even eat half before ruining my appetite for the rest of the meal. So when we went back we ordered a half portion again but between four of us and it was enough for a starter.

All the food I tried there was very good (especially the bourbon chicken pizza, the nachos and the sweet potato fries) and the price is always good.

I'm torn between saying the price was cheap or average. On a regular night it is always good value but they also have special deals on. Definately try to go for either Monday night - $9 pizzas or Tuesday night - $8 steak sandwichs. Although you may have to book on a Tuesday night for this reason.

Great food, great service and perfect if you are trying to budget!

Check Banff Hotel Deals