The Elbow Room

97-113 Curtain Road, Shoreditch, United Kingdom

The Elbow Room Shoreditch Reviews

lisalush lisalush
Sep 19, 2006
This is a pretty cool bar, cafe and pool place to have lunch and a catch up.

The decor is warm and modern, the barstaff are young, funky andmostly eastern european, the food is fab and quite cheap (I recommend the biggest burger you can muster!) and the drinks are large.. what other way to have them eh?

The best thing about this place is the pool tables. The felt is fast, the tables big and the pockets wide.

If you can't play pool on these tables you have no hope.

I'd like to be able to tell you about the other people who go here but I can't because I've usually just stuck at a table with mates.

The only real problem with coming to play pool here is that there is generally a queue for the tables and it can be quite a wait if you're there in the evenings. Weekday lunch times are the best. The only other little problem is that during peak times you only get the table for an hour. So too bad if you're after a Thursday night epic with anyone who comes your way. You pay £20 deposit and £10 for an hour worth of pool at the bar and when the lights go off so doyou.

During the day its much nicer... you can play for as long as you like for £6 an hour.... but they don't turn the lights off if there is no queue so keep an eye on the time. I've had a run in with barstaff in the past who I drunkenly thought were ripping me off because I surely couldn't have been playing for6 hours. Well I probably was. But they did take 3 hours off the price so who knows. You try it and we'll compare notes xx
Amanda says:
POOL!! My kind of place!!! (as long as they let you play slop...)
Posted on: Sep 19, 2006

Compare London Hotel Rates (3.2km away)

The Elbow Room Map