The El Capitan Theatre

6838 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA, USA

The El Capitan Theatre Hollywood Reviews

TRE69 TRE69
Entertainment With Flair Jun 13, 2008
The El Capitan Theatre is a true shining star on Hollywood Blvd. El Capitan is situated across from the Hollywood & Highland Entertainment Complex where you can also find convenient parking. El Capitan will validate your Hollywood & Highland parking stub for a partial discount.

When the neon sign on El Capitan is aglow, it has the look and feel of old Hollywood. You could order movie tickets on-line as well as from the ticket booth at the theatre entrance. The interiors of the El Capitan are VERY ORNATE!!! And depending on what is showing, there is a theme in the decorations and usually movie set exhibits in the theatre foyer.

While waiting for the movie to start, the "Mighty Wurlitzer", a theatre pipe organ, is raised from below the stage and the organist plays popular Disney movie tunes. After the the organ music and just before the movie, the organ descends below the stage and a short live-action skit complete with actors plays out on the stage. When Jenn79 and I went it was The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.

It is no wonder that Hollywood is the entertainment capital of the world...and the El Capitan Theatre is definitely a fine example of Hollywood showmanship. The movie tickets are more than the stadium theatres but you get fabulous ambiance at El Capitan. The seats are very comfy and cushiony but the leg room sucks but that's because its an old theatre. I would absolutely come back to see another film at El Capitan.
jenn79 says:
oh I saw it updated so I thought you went again! =) Let's go back please?? And this time we have to eat sundaes!!!!!!!!!! =D
Posted on: May 05, 2009
TRE69 says:
jenn! this review is about when WE went to the El Capitan...you crazy crazy girl! your sickness is really affecting your memory...hahahah!
Posted on: May 04, 2009
jenn79 says:
This is the #3 place I want to go to when I come back! What did you see there this time??
Posted on: May 04, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About The El Capitan Theatre

From Hollywood Glitz to the XGames...
Today was my last day in LA and I have a lot of stuff to do and see.  First, I was off early to Carson, CA to check out the skateboarding Mens Final.  Superstars such as Shawn White were on…El Capitan Theatre, and Highland & Hollywood Mall, knew I had enough of the tourist trap.    I liked…

Check Hollywood Hotel Deals