The Eiffel Tower

angie56_mad angie56_…
Premium Tours - Worst Tour Company in London Aug 04, 2016
Premium Tours - Worst Tour Company ever

We went on the so called “Luxury Escorted Paris Day Trip in December

We were told to meet outside a teashop in St. Pancras. No one was there to meet us, people were walking up and down, not knowing who to ask or what to do. When someone finally showed up, he handed out envelopes with our tickets, and rushed us to get on the Eurostar.

We were provided with no direction as to where to go from there, lines of people everywhere, finally with some direction from the people at the train station, we found our way to security and the right line to go through, very stressful. Just wish I had read reviews before booking with this crappy Tour Company, as other reviewers said the same thing.

Once arriving in Paris, the tour guide rushed us through everything. We felt like we were cattle being herded through everything. We did a lot of standing around waiting on the guide to get our admission tickets, then kept telling us to hurry up, move along and hurried us through everything, it was terrible.

Will never use Premium Tours, nasty customer service as well. Thoroughly disgusted with what should have been a wonderful trip.

DO NOT use Premium Tours - once they have your money, they could not care less
belami belami
A must see though overated May 03, 2015
I have visited Paris in April 2013. It was cold though sunny.

We queued for the Eiffel Tower for about 2 hours just to get the tickets, and then another 2 hours to get up the Tower.

Once we reached the top floor, everyone occupied every single space by the metal nets to browse the Paris City and make pictures.

The view was stunning and I felt a bit scarried to look down.

There is a comparision chart to show the rank of the Eiffel Tower among the highest buildings in the world that I found quiet interesting.

The cafe on the top floor has been closed, we didnt have a chance to warm up with a cup of tea or coffee. The toilets of course had long queues too.

I found the look of the Eiffel Tower much more attractive than being on the top of it.

But this is an iconic touristic attraction of Paris and thus must be seen and visited!
simona74 simona74
Not to be missed! Aug 27, 2015
I've been in Paris last week with my husband. I've thought that the Eiffel Tower was a tourist attraction overrated, but it isn't! It's really Amazing with its imposing structure and I was really excited to go up its elevator to the second floor.

I recommend to don't miss it and to book online your entrance ticket because the lines are long-lastings.

I also suggest to go to the gardens below the tower after the sunset and wait that it lights up.
nabimeister nabimeis…
Iconic structure, great view, but not very exciting Jun 22, 2015
The queue to go up the tower is really really long. We had to wait for 2hrs during noon to get into the lift which took us to the mid level of Eiffel Tower. It looked really high from there and we were only about 1/3 way up. You can see the whole Paris from there. We couldn't go to the top as there was some construction going on. The view should be great from the top, especially at night. Don't forget to take heaps of photos with The Eiffel Tower at the back. The tower lights up with thousands of tiny white lights creating a dazzling effect which is pretty, worth taking shots of that too.

Apart from the popularity and height, I didn't quite find it interesting. But it is worth visiting Eiffel Tower once in life especially with a partner. I'll visit again when I have a girlfriend to go with. Fingers crossed :-)
rahulab rahulab
A Must Visit Oct 09, 2015
Eiffel Tower is a must see when you are in paris. Don't just see it but I would recommend everyone to go to top of Eiffel tower by lift. The views from top are just amazing. You can get the ticket from the ticket counter at Eiffel Tower. It takes around 2 - 3 hours to go to top and come back.

And you must see Eiffel Tower in the night. In night its view is totally different from what you see in day. Night view is spectacular. Also from 9 PM to 11 PM every hour lights sparkle at Eiffel Tower for 5 minutes. Its at 9, 10 and 11 PM. This is a must see. So I always recommend to go towards the evening so that you can see Eiffel Tower in the night also.
View from Top of Eiffel Tower.
Eiffel Tower in the night.
View from Top of Eiffel Tower.
sherryshakarob sherrysh…
The Eiffel Tower Mar 03, 2015
It's the highlight attraction in Paris ! And there are some people I know who would confirm it's the highlight of whole Europe !!

The tower had been build for World Expo, within the years the tower has been a radio station. Nowadays, it's a big attraction which many people from all over the world come to see from above.

I actually been there twice, my last time there was in Febuary, and it was in a rainy and cold day so I have decided not getting on the top for the view. But, it's totally (!!!) worth climbing.

The view is spectacular ! Absuolutly stunning !
RIGAS RIGAS
Τhe most photographed tower all over the world... Sep 01, 2014
There are many things to do in Paris, but the most significant are Louvre museum, Eiffel tour, Νotre Dame, Disneyland and Arc de Triomphe.

My second morning in Paris after a many miles walk, i decided to visit the tower. My first look to the tower was disappointing....And what i mean...? The tower is very short.

I have too many performances from sκybuildings and towers around the world, so Eiffel tower, seemed not particularly tall. I heard dozens of scenarios about the big human line for the entrance and i was little anxious because the time is valuable especially in a city like Paris having enough things to do...Luckily for me, i wait only 25 minutes(!). There are 2 separate tickets: One for the "top" and another one ticket with cost 5 euros for the highest part of the tower. Of course i paid and the both..:)

Ok, the view is amazing and you can discern the beautiful architecture that has the Paris, compared to other cities in Europe.

It was named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower. Construction began at 28 January 1887 and completed 15 March 1889. Certainly is the most photographed tower all over the world, and the reason is that France is the first country with the largest number of tourists in Europe. Tower is open daily from 09:30 to 23:00 and 09:00 to 00:00 in summer.

Ιf you're ever in the tower, prefer to go down the stairs. Not use elevator. Τhe path of the stairs is much more interesting!!!
Annadecia Annadecia
Wish I would have had more time Aug 09, 2014
I'm so surprised I didn't personally think of this but because it was my first time in Europe, first time traveling at all... I did not think about the little stuff. Of course we all have a list of things we want to do and see but sometimes when we are making our itinerary we don't know when is the best thing to go or how to fit everything in. My mistake was thinking I wanted to go see the Eiffle Tower during the day time. Of course you wake up and you need something to do and you're in Paris! So go see the Eiffle Tower. Wrong. It's crowded and likely to disappoint you during the day. You can go and look at it, even climb to the top if you want. But I urge you to spend majority of your visit at the Eiffle Tower AT NIGHT. It looks like a big chunk of metal during the day. A super popular piece of metal with an awesome view but still the sensation of it being over rated would not leave my mind. Then I saw it at night unintentionally..... GORGEOUS. The whole city is lit up as well... You have more time to take pictures and it just seems so much more laid back. Plus you don't have people surrounding you selling things near by. NIGHT TIME EXCURSION.
nolan says:
Yes the Eiffel Tower is best seen at night. Of course, taking a day shot is also fine.
Posted on: Aug 13, 2014
ghia09 ghia09
Falling in love with Eiffel Tower Paris Apr 23, 2014
My first visit at Eiffel Tower was love at first sight :)... There's no word to describe its magnificent beauty and history behind its stature. Everybody seems to be in awe when you walk around the area. All pictures are trying to capture how it is like to hold the Eiffel tower in your hands. Funny as well that you can buy miniature Eiffel tower souvenirs from walking vendors around when there are tons of souvenir shops selling them at a higher price LOL. Its your choice! I prefer the cheaper ones coz believe me, its the same quality :)

I am indeed very lucky to be a frequent visitor of Paris and experiencing to fall in love with Paris over and over again.
chilly aftee with friends :) on to…
isnt this a sight to behold <3 in …
Eiffel lights <3 at night
New Year's eve in Paris, 1st Janua…
mdfehmel mdfehmel
The Eiffel Tower Nov 06, 2014
How can you go to Paris and NOT see the Eiffel Tower? First of all, since almost no buildings in Paris are over 5 stories high (or so), the tower is visible from miles around and is a true icon for all world travelers.

Originally erected by a team of gifted engineers for the World's Fair in the late 1800's, the tower was designed to put France on the map in regards to technology and architectural advancement. Since the project paid for itself in only 6 short months, the company managing the attraction decided to leave the world's highest manmade structure (at the time at least) up permanently instead of dismantling it as was originally planned.

Now, well over 100 years later, the Eiffel Tower is still one of the most visited tourist attractions in all of Europe. When visiting Paris, I would recommend not only buying your ticket off-site (to avoid the lines there), but also to get the tour. The guides will give you the history behind the tower itself, and they will also give you a city tour from the observation decks. Most importantly, the tour guides have priority access to the cues leading to the first elevator. Once you are in, however, you wait with everyone else. My wife and I opted to go all the way to the top, but I'm not sure this was best. Other than being able to check the block in saying that I've been to the top, there was no added value in doing so. The view was no better from the top then it was on the third deck (remember, all Parisian buildings are low; 5-10 stories at best), and the line coming down was horrible, hot and stuffy. There used to be a stair case coming down from the top, but it was recently closed for safety reasons. I would certainly recommend going to the Eiffel Tower if you have never been, but I can't recommend going all the way to the top - you will have to make up your mind for yourself!
Cordelius Cordelius
Nice to be there at 1.30 am! :-) Apr 28, 2014
The tower is 324 metres (1,063 ft) tall,[2] about the same height as an 81-storey building. During its construction, the Eiffel Tower surpassed the Washington Monument to assume the title of the tallest man-made structure in the world, a title it held for 41 years, until the Chrysler Building in New York City was built in 1930. Because of the addition of the antenna atop the Eiffel Tower in 1957, it is now taller than the Chrysler Building by 5.2 metres (17 ft). :-D

The tower has three levels for visitors, with restaurants on the first and second. The third level observatory's upper platform is 276 m (906 ft) above the ground,[2] the highest accessible to the public in the European Union.

When I arrived in Paris it was 1.30 am and I was completely tired... then I saw the tower and everything was gone. from one moment to the other :-). This big thing looks amazing!

Nobody can imagine how tall it is when you were not there for a few minutes :-)

But the best is that you are almost alone in the night! :-) So be there at 1.30 am :-D
Maevie Maevie
Eiffel Tower May 30, 2013
Definitely worth a visit but once is enough.

I've been twice, once during the day in winter and once during night in spring. During the winter it was extremely windy and terrifying because the whole thing was swaying. Also the wind was so strong at the top that you couldn't go outside. During the spring it was lovely. Going up the lift and being at the top looking at the city lights was beautiful.

There are queues all year long at every time of day so the only way to avoid these it get a fastpass ticket and come back at a later time.

It is a beautiful view however after seeing it once is enough (I redid it because I was with different people and didn't have much of a view in the windy winter)

A problem I do have with it though is the people trying to sell you novelty items. As with a lot a of tourist destinations you will get people trying to sell but they can hassle you. Luckily once I started speaking Irish they walked away because the couldn't figure out where I come from.
Eiffel tower at night from below
Nayloo Nayloo
The Eiffel Tower Mar 04, 2013
THIS ! You go to France, so you have to see this! Eiffel Tower is the most popular tower in the world! The price to go up there is cheap, I'm telling you guys, it's really really cheap! It's just 5€ (+26 years) and 3,5€ (under 26 and for the seniors).

Almost every day, there are so many people there, so the best way that you buy the ticket from the internet, of course there's a site of it, you can go to www.tour-eiffel.fr/.

I was there in the mid of March 2012, and yes there were a lot of people, but when it was cold outside, there weren't too many people that wanted to go upstairs, so that was the time!!

Oh and yes, I'll tell you to bring a water or cookies, because up there, the prices are almost 2 or 3 times more expensive !

Just don't miss it!
Second week in Paris
First week in Paris
FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Oh Mon Dieu C'est La Tour Eiffel !!! Sep 26, 2012
Whats left to be said (or unsaid) about the symbol of Paris, the symbol of France...The Eiffel Tower.

Now I have to wonder what Paris wld be like without the Eiffel Tower? What would the next iconic symbol be? Le Arc de Triomph or The Louvre or Sacre Coeur? Anyway, to think of Paris without the Eiffel Tower is just unimaginable!!

I think its fair enough to say that, its almost every girl/lady's dream to visit the city of romance and be up in the symbol of Paris with a loved one. It was supposed to be one of those visits that make you come back for more. A visit to the iconic symbol is meant to be unforgettable and mine was definitely unforgettable for many reasons.

Prior to the trip I was a little worried when I heard that the lift would be undergoing maintenance/ repair works til mid June. We were there in May. It was a bright sunny day and there was such a huge huge crowd in the ticket queue (the longest queue I have ever seen in Paris was the ticket queue for those taking the lift up). We pondered about whether to come back later in the evening or buying the tickets online for another day or to join the queue. My bf doesnt want to queue and I was worried abt climbing up LOL! So I had to make the decision (it took me 2 hours haha - we went around & even do a little sight seeing while I decide hehe ). In the end, we joined the ticket queue to climb up to the 1st floor - it was not bad at all.

We managed to take the lift from the 1st floor to the 2nd floor of the Tower. Boy, this proved unforgettable. We were the first in queue and we were joined by (I think) a bus load of old aged tourists from India. We knew what was to come :( The lift was obviously going to take us up but somehow, these group of tourist one after the other kept asking "Are we going up?" "Top?" "This lift going up?" "Are you sure we are going to the top?' while others were "Oh My God, we are going Up Up" and this went on & on. It became noisy and unbearable that the french guy who was operating the lift (my heart goes out to him- he has to experience this whole day every day I believe), says : "Yes this lift will go up, I will take you to the top, dont worry just keep quiet and relax, we are definitely going to the Top!" Then the crowd became silent.

We were so relieved when we got out of the lift at the 2nd floor, the view is just magnificent. We can see almost the whole of Paris. We took the small flight of stairs up & went up to the Top. There was a champagne bar selling overpriced (about 15 euro per glass) but I wont think very good quality champagne. So we made it!!

We managed to avoid the same crowd of tourist when we take the lift down but we ended up with a bunch of Dutch school boys. Another noisy jumpy bunch!
Repair works carried out
FoxyFauz says:
LOL! I have no doubt wahahahah :)
Posted on: Sep 26, 2012
westwind57 says:
Hahaha, I have been one of those noisy school boys... but already "some time" ago LOL :)
Posted on: Sep 26, 2012
narcymai narcymai
Generationally under-rated May 25, 2012
Growing up, all I have heard about France was the Eiffel Tower. I was taught all about its history, popularity, and how touristy it was. I've heard mixed reviews and frankly, I never cared to visit the seemingly overbearing tower just because of all the touristy pictures and comments about it. Because I tend to steer clear of tourist traps and that that my imagination and ability to spot the tower from afar was enough to get by, I almost missed a precious thing.

When you get close to the tower, you finally realize just how big it really is and how beautiful it really can be. Instead of taking the lift and paying more, I decided to be cheap and get a workout by taking the stairs all the way to the top of the tower. It was possibly the best decision I made in France.

After working so very hard to reach the top, I gained an impressive appreciation for the height and glamour of the Parisian monument. Just looking down from the top to see the specks of people, the ocean of city lights, and the water was enough to keep me gazing for over an hour. The tower lights up every hour and the blinking show is mesmerizing and romantic to watch.

I will definitely try to squeeze in another trip to the Eiffel Tower before I leave this city.
Bojasem Bojasem
The Eiffel Tower Nov 18, 2012
I went to pairs see three things one of them the Eiffel

Tower in and felt it was one of the landmarks everyone should see at least once in their lifetime.

It is one of the most iconic structures known to man and is a magnet for romantics.

I was lucky and I didn't have to wait in line at all to get to the top since I went in Sunday in lunch time so I could skip the hour long lines and head straight I don't remember how much it cost because it was included in the price of my trip.

At first when I had seen the Eiffel Tower I be happy and I have been more happy when I be in the left and be up to the Eiffel Tower.

It amazing and panoramic view.

It cost 14 euros for adult
Lucy360 Lucy360
Eiffel Tower, Paris Nov 06, 2012
Althought we didnt go up the Eiffel tower (Sadly unable to carry all the luggage up the steps) we had an excellent view of this beauty from a lovely little cafe which we stopped at for coffee and lunch. There is a Metro station that stops right outside the tower and then you just have to cross the road. There is a great little crepe stall along the road which sells all kinds of crepes & waffles for just 3 euros as well as all the usual 1 love paris hoodies and eifell statues. A view Highly recommended.
Eiffel Tower, Paris
JeritGeorge JeritGeo…
Apex of Light Aug 27, 2012
At first when I had seen the Eiffel Tower, I thought to myself: what can be so amazing just going on something that looks like an antenna? But then, when I boarded the elevator that took me up there, it was possibly the greatest way to end this memorable trip in Paris. The lights, horizon, and panoramic scene beats all others in what is possibly the best view in all of France. I would highly recommend this to everyone, young children and adults, to lo and behold the beauty of the skies and the the lights below.
kunalup kunalup
Wonderful Structure! Jun 14, 2012
Loved the over all experience of visiting Eiffel Tower, but I failed to understand why is it often associated with Love, when it's history has got nothing to do with Love. (It was a structure made for an exhibition.) Anyways, the garden in front of the Tower is calm & you can spend hours just sitting there! We visiting there when it was raining, made the whole atmosphere more charming. Paris over all looks much more beautiful when it's raining. The only annoying part was the long queue to get to the top of the Tower.
killustrations killustr…
Amazing New Year's Day! Jan 30, 2012
I got to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower on New Year's day this year! And it was absolutely amazing! The push of the wind was so strong at the top, I felt like I was going to be swept away by it.

The Eiffel Tower is extremely touristy, and it's always full of tourists no matter when you go, but it's something that shouldn't be missed!

I was lucky and I didn't have to wait in line at all to get to the top since I went with EF College Break and they made reservations so we could skip the hour long lines and head straight up :) I don't remember how much it cost because it was included in the price of my trip.
Displaying reviews 1 - 20 of 118