The Eiffel Tower Tour

France

The Eiffel Tower Tour Reviews

raymondlamfung raymondl…
The best thing to do in Paris Mar 08, 2011
I believe the best time to go to the Eiffel Tower is in the morning because the lines are much easier to get to and you won't have to wait that long if you go there by 9 am! Just be nice to the locals and they will treat you nice!
Africancrab Africanc…
Great tour of the eiffel Tour Aug 16, 2009
If you went to Paris and did not take a tour of the Eiffel Tower, your trip is incomplete, please plan on returning, will ya!

That might sound cliche, but it is the one landmark that is synonimous with France:whether you admire from afar or actually take a guided tour, it is a must see while you are in town. There are so many reviews about the Eiffel Tower, mine will be one in a million or so . . . well I will writ it all the same. History has it that the tower built in 1889 was erected for the World Fair, it is said that the Parisians hated the big mass of metal when it was first erected - French writer Guy de Maupassant is said to have disliked it so much so, that he apparently ate at the tower's restaurant nearly every day because it was the only place in Paris where he couldn't see the tower metals.

Funny how history is made huh! to think something that cause so much grief to so many is now a bread earner for the masses. Well as I mentioned in my blog, Peter did not allow us to visit the tour when we had just arrived because of the queues, now I will in most cases stand in line and get my ticket if it is that exciting, which this was: but my poor Peter was afraid of lines, or should I say an impatient man when it comes to waiting in lines to get something, so we waited three days before we eventually went to tour.

As I have already mentioned this landmark was built in 1889 for a world fair and named after its designer, engineer Gustave Eiffel. It is now one of the worlds biggest tourist traps, but it still keeps in drawing the crowds, around 6,5 million people yearly. That is so many people, can you see why the queue are that annoying? well yes, now comes patience which I might add I have seen more in children than adults in the lines.

We did not get robbed, but I would be very careful with my bags if I were you, a few people left with missing bags because of pick pockets. Ig you are asthmatic, avoid the crowded area because the women spray perfumes like they were tryign to pick up every man around (well ofcourse i'm exaggerating, but the mix of different sprays can be discomforting).

Once you get to the top, the view of Paris is amazing, if you are afraid of heights this might not be the best tour for you. The third level is more caged in for security reasons. At this level on a clear day, you literally have Paris in your grasp, we had a beautiful evening with no clouds when I was there.
Africancrab says:
I'm glad it was helpful. Safe travels and I look forward to reading your blogs or reviews about Paris.
Posted on: Aug 16, 2009
dolcetlb says:
I'm heading over there in October and I'm so looking forward to seeing the Eiffel Tower. Thanks for your review.
Posted on: Aug 16, 2009