The Efteling

Europalaan 1, Kaatsheuvel, Netherlands

The Efteling Kaatsheuvel Reviews

daniellelooije danielle…
Walking through the fairytales Sep 19, 2011
The Efteling is maybe the most popular and well know themepark of the Netherlands, which has about everything. People off al ages will enjoy this park.

There is so much to see here. For the people who like their thrills there is of course a part of the park where you can find different rollercoasters. Every rollercoaster has it's own story. You can find a rollercoaster in the dark which is based on the story of Sinbad, and a rollercoaster which is based on the story of the flying dutchman, which starts with a really impressive waiting line, then continues with a slow boatride through an ocean, meeting the ghostship and ends, suddenly with an amazing rollercoaster drive. And besides these examples there are many more!

To me the most impressive still, already since I was a little kid of 3, is the fairytale forrest. This is, like the name says, a forrest where you can walk through the fairytales of the brothers grimm and others. See the story of Cinderella in front of you, pay a vistit to the 7 dwarfs moarning at the glass coffin of snow white and walk through the sleeping castle sleeping beauty. Everywhere you see a fairytale comming to life!

There is so much to see at this theme park, that is it very hard to describe what the park is actually about. What I do have to say is that this themepark is absolutely not only for children, but be warned the child inside you might wake up during a visit! For me it is the most happy and peacefull place of my country, and even though I must have been there already 50 times, I still want to back every year.

If you plan to visit know that you need at least a day to explore the whole park. It is kind of expensive, but it is absolutely worth it! Do bring your own food, drinks and snacks though. Although a portion of fries or a hotdog will not kill you, it is pretty expensive to get all your drinks, snacks and meals there. The efteling does however not mind if you take your own, and there are many places created where you can eat and drink without ordering anything!
Suusj Suusj
The Eftelin Oct 07, 2011
The Efteling is an amusement Park.

It's a parc for the whole family. Roller-coasters, amusement shows and things to do for the little one's.

Famous part of the parc is the fairytale forest where the famous fairy tales of the brothers Grimm and others.

I'm the roller-coaster type and I do recommend the newest one! It goes 80km's per hour. The other one's I also recommend ;-).

Kids under the age of 3 can enter free.

Adults pay 32 euros.

Parking will cost you 10 euros.

If you want to spend more time then 1 day in the park you can stay in the Efteling Hotel.

I think it's an expensive park but not more expensive then other animation parks. Worth visiting if you spend a lot of time in the Netherlands. If you're only here for a couple of days I would personally skip it :-)
Miranda-Maas Miranda-…
Best themepark in Europe Dec 10, 2008
Everybody in The Netherlands and probably a lot of people in coutries around The Netherlands know the Efteling park. This themepark is the number one touristic attraction and that's for a reason. The park has been chosen the best themepark of Europe several times. The park is officially exisiting since 1951 but there already was a small playground for children and some sport fields before. In the years after the offical opening the 'fairy tail forest' began to expand and that's where the Efteling park is originally known for. Nowadays the Efteling also has rollercoasters and other fast attractions. Still it isn't a park only for young people. It's really a family park with attractions for every one. The fairy tail forest still exists and the last years, some new fairy tails joined the forest. Besides this part, there's a part of the park with an arabic theme, another part of the park is made especially for small children. There's also a part with rollercoasters and other attractions like these. I live very close to this park and had a membership for several years. Even though i've been in the Efteling many times, it's still a place i love to go to and i do that at least once a year. I can recommend every one who visits The Netherlands to go here. You'll have a great day. If you like, you can even spend a night in the Efteling hotel.
The arabic part of the park
The newest attraction of the park,…
Frogs singing a song
alyssa_ob says:
congrats on the feature!
Posted on: Dec 10, 2008
gejah says:
i really like the dream flight!!! But this one is always very busy!
Posted on: Dec 04, 2008
Devika1985 Devika19…
Sep 06, 2007
The Efteling is the most famous themepark in my country and its the 2nd most visited tourist attraction. It’s a beautiful park wich is build around different fairytales and legends. Like for example the legend of the Flying Dutchman and fairytales wich were written by Hans Christiaan Andersen. You can learn more about old fairytales in the fairytale forest (like Rapunsel and Snowwhite) and there are a lot of great rides in the park. One of the best things is the PandaDroom, wich is all about animals, nature and how we should protect our environment better. The latest thing is the ride of the Flying Dutchman wich opened recently. The park is divided in different areas wich all have their own theme. Significant for the park are the designs by Anton Pieck wich can be seen in the beautifull style of building inside the park. In the park there are enough places to get drinks, snacks and meals too. The park also has it’s own Efteling Hotel wich is very luxurious but the hotel is also very expensive. There’s also the EftelingGolfPark with 18 holes and there’s the Efteling theatre where different shows produced by the Efteling are being shown. The Efteling has special opening times in winter and the park is nicely decorated for the season and there you can go Ice-skating in the park, but the best time to visit the park would be in summer when it’s opened in the evenings aswell and there are all kinds of nice things to see like street-theatre and nice music performances. If you visit my country you should really spend a day at the Efteling, especially when you travel with children! They will love it!
gejah says:
Not only the children enjoy it! Even adults like it. I really like it! But you have to pick a day that's not so busy! At the end of the schoolyear a lot of school take a trip to the efteling. Very busy!!
Posted on: Dec 04, 2008
Andy99 says:
The second most visited attraction in The Netherlands--that's really interesting! I imagine children must really enjoy it.
Posted on: Sep 06, 2007
karloox says:
Hola!..Another interesting place to see in your country...must be funny..
Good review! :)
Posted on: Sep 06, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About The Efteling

I present to you.. my country, The Netherlands
I was born in Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka. When I was a few weeks old I was adopted by a family from the Netherlands. Since then I've lived here in this small country in Europe. A small country…Efteling is located in Kaatsheuvel and it also has a Golfpark and the very nice and luxurious Efteling hotel.  De Keukenhof…
Efteling 2008
The Efteling, an amusement park that you really should visit when you get the chance. It is huge and it has so many things you can do, we weren't able to see everything in one day and have pledg… The Efteling, an amusement park that you really should visit when you get the chance. It is huge and…
The Efteling
When my (now ex) boyfriend Robin and me celebrated our 3rd anniversary we went to visit The Eftelig. The Efteling is the most well known theme-park in our country and very populair with tourists. I r… When my (now ex) boyfriend Robin and me celebrated our 3rd anniversary we went to visit The Eftelig. The Efteling

Check Kaatsheuvel Hotel Deals