The Edinburgh Dungeon

0131 240 1000

The Edinburgh Dungeon Reviews

vicky_mcc vicky_mcc
Scary, fun but a bit expensive Jun 11, 2013
The Edinburgh Dungeon is in the centre of Edinburgh, right next to Waverley train station. It is an ideal activity for a rainy day, but is quite expensive. I would recommend going as a group, there is a discount for parties for 10 and going with a bunch of friends makes the experience more fun.

Groups are led through various rooms led by actors who are dressed as various characters from the local history. They were all brilliant. They stay in character, even if you and your friends are giggling and I think they take pleasure in making you jump. They would often come very close to you, but we were assured that while they would come close, they would not touch you.

Its a very interactive experience with the chance to learn some of Edinburgh's ghoulish past and have some fun along the way, though they probably do rely on the scare factor a bit too much. There is also a boat ride and a mini vertical roller coaster with the opportunity to buy your photo at the end, with an additional hefty fee attached.

If you're on a budget, then I wouldn't recommend blowing your money here. However if you've got time and money to kill and want some thrills then this is great fun, especially with friends. I had a good laugh, but it's definitely not for everyone.
christl3 christl3
Not scary but some good fun! May 12, 2011
I found the Edinburgh Dungeons very expensive for what they were. The actors are all very good and very enthusiastic in fulfilling their roles as old-time inhabitants of the medievil town of Edinburgh and telling the audience about the frightening occurances that have happened there. But they depended too much on the shock factor. There is one 'ride' that is not so much a ride as where u sit in a boat type thing in the dark listening to scary sounds.

I would recommend a ghost walk of the city as opposed to this attraction.
evansA93 evansA93
The Edinburgh Dungeon Mar 03, 2010
WOW!!! SCARY, FUN, WORTH EVERY PENNY!

This attraction was bloody brilliant!

I had so much fun even though it was petrifying! The staff working there were absolutely outstanding at acting,at scaring you and staying in character the whole time! It was fab to watch and experience!

It was almost like going through a maze with about 50 different rooms to go into ! We, the audience, were very involved with different stories, and also having to stand like we were in court or picked out to read out something or be scared! Not only was it scary but it was also a real laugh with us all not being able to keep a straight face!

We were also made to have more fun with a boat ride and a little bounce ride where we had pics taken!!! There were also places at beginning of experience to have group pic with an axe and scary pieces of equiptment!

It was a fab experience and being in a group made it even better! I loved every minute of it !!!!!

Related Travel Blogs About The Edinburgh Dungeon

Where's Sarah...oh THERE she is!! ...
In SCOTLAND........Yup i am...pretty cool huh. Harry, my manager dropped me off at the train station in Oxenholme on Thrsday the 11th and i set off... Was quite nervous actually as (and anyone who kn…Edinburgh Dungeon...and then more...Climbed the Scott Monument... (276 stairs...and thats just going up...) Did a nighttime…
Edinburgh- the city of festival
Finally, with a “slight” delay of couple of months, here’s a summary of my road trip to Scotland!   Didn’t plan on it when scheduling the trip, but huge crowds and the moods of f…Edinburgh dungeons”, creepy place very much recommended to visit! Scaring and educating us on a bit of Scottish history…
Edinburgh by evening
The bus arrived Edinburgh by late afternoon - we were tired, it was wet ,we were hungry... in a way, I'm really glad I'd get a day off here. I reckon I could do with the rest - wake up whenever …Edinburgh Dungeon and the Tattoo office, and a road behind The Royal Mile, the location couldn't be more…

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals