The Eagle Tavern

Faringdon, England

The Eagle Tavern Faringdon Reviews

Glamour88 Glamour88
Delicious food in lovely small village Jun 05, 2010
I have only eaten at The Eagle Tavern once but definitely thought that it was worth a mention. If you are driving on the A420 between Oxford and Swindon it is definitely worth turning off at the small village of Little Coxwell for a delicious lunch or dinner. Remember that it does stick to the traditional opening hours of a pub and does not serve food all day long, it may be worthwhile to check their website beforehand for opening times.

I had a wonderful home made Lasagne with garlic bread, one of the best pub Lasagne's that I have ever had. My work colleagues had a variety of ciabatta's which looked delicious and from their reactions tasted so too. I tried one of their Steak & Ale Pies which tasted really flavoursome.

From the outside The Eagle Tavern looks exactly like a stereotypical village pub, it looks old but well kept. I had a shock when I walked inside as it has a very modern d├ęcor, if I remember rightly bright yellow walls and modern paintings, yet it still maintains the old wooden beams and doorways. Very nice, friendly atmosphere inside, it was very quiet when I went but I can imagine that in the evening it gets quite busy due to it being the only pub in the area, within walking distance.

Check Faringdon Hotel Deals