The E65 Magistrala from Split to Dubrovnik

Bacina, Croatia

The E65 Magistrala from Split to Dubrovnik Bacina Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The E65 Magistrala from Split to Dubrovnik Aug 31, 2008
The E65 Magistrala from Split to Dubrovnik is a single lane coast road that serpentines its way along the rocky Croatian coastline. The road follows the coast making it possible to reach any attractive coastal village along the way.

The road quality varies a lot from stretch to stretch but improvements have been foreseen and a lot of road construction is going on parallel to the current main road. One moment you are driving at sea level the next you are getting fantastic scenery 280 metres above sea level. There are many possibilities to stop along the road and enjoy the breathtaking panoramas over viewing the coast and the nearby islands.

You can’t travel fast on this road and I was impressed by the few hazardous overtaking I saw driving this road. Maybe due to the fact that I was a bit out of season but the traffic was not as heavy as had imagined.
Bacinska Jezera
Chokk says:
Well Mark, I drove it all the way down to the Albanian border. I liked it most in Montenegro, there I found it even more pretty.
Posted on: Sep 11, 2008
travelman727 says:
As we have discussed, this is my favorite stretch of road in the world! It even continues further south all the way to the Montenegro border :-D
Posted on: Sep 11, 2008

Compare Gradac Hotel Rates (4.8km away)

Bacina Map