The Duplex

61 Christopher Street (at 7th Ave.) NYC, New York, NY, USA
The Duplex - The Duplex at Greenwich Village
The Duplex - Brian Nash singing away
The Duplex - The best Screw Driver ever!!!  Made with Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice... tasted like I needed french toast in front of me!!
The Duplex - Becky, Aaron and me
The Duplex - Becky and Me

The Duplex New York Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Piano Bar Fun Jul 22, 2007
So Aaron took us to a piano bar late night on Sunday. We got there and walked in and there was a woman, Susan Day Lewis, playing a piano and singing (like she was at a sing a long) to songs that people picked from a sheet that had all the songs she knew on it.

The Bar is a smaller bar...sort of cramped with a Piano in the corner. You walk in and you see people at table chattering quietly and the piano striking in the background. My first impression of the bar was what am I doing here. Why am I here this is not fun at all and the pianist isn't the best at all. she was very nassally and didn't know how to sing from her Whoo Whoo (as Kristin Chenoweth of "Wicked" calls it on Ellen the Musical).

So we ordered a round of drinks and chatted a bit. And cringed as she stumbled along with her sheet music. Susan did have guests come in who accompanied her and if she didn't know a song you suggested she would invite you up to sing it with her.

But she finally got off at 9PM and Brian Nash came on, this is who Aaron brought us here to see. Brian sat at the piano and started to play along with the songs on the radio until the bar tender got the hint. He asked for some requests and when nobody had any he just started playing. He had so much soul in his voice and he brought the audience into his world. the amazing thing is he could sing any song out there...he had everything memorized! The one thing I thought was humorous was that Brian and his lady band member (who is also the bar tender) sang Suddenly Seymour and you know how Audrey sings nassally? Well, the bar tender was not nassal at all...she had a beautiful voice. I said that the last pianist should've sang the song...it would have fit perfectly. LOL.

If you have a free night on Wednesday and Sunday come on down to see Brian and don't forget to get a famous screwdriver as it is made with fresh squeezed Orange Juice. when I had this drink I felt like I should be eating bacon and eggs with it as it tasted like it wasn't tainted with any type of alcohol even though 3/4th of it was vodka! Absolutely Amazing!
The Duplex at Greenwich Village
Brian Nash singing away
The best Screw Driver ever!!! Mad…
Becky, Aaron and me
Transitory says:
I'll be in Thailand but yeah def. stick in that area, lots of places to stop off
pinchora says:
thank you for the comment... maybe we should go here for the TB meetup next January... are you guys going?
Transitory says:
I 3rd that this place is enjoyable!

Check New York Hotel Deals