The Dubliner

The Dubliner  - The Dubliner Irish Pub Bangkok

The Dubliner Bangkok Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
Quality Irish Bar in central Bangkok Sep 26, 2011
The Dubliner Irish Pub - easy to find on Sukhumvit Road, and well known by most of the ex-pat community - also right next door to The Sportsman. It’s a very short walk from The Emporium and Phrom Phong BTS station. I have been told that it is actually the only Irish pub in Bangkok that is Irish owned.

The pub is sprawled over 3 levels (so very big and roomy) and they have a beer garden- the ground floor being most popular and always full. Upstairs they have a pool table and several big screen tvs, which show sporting events from all around the world. Sitting downstairs will also give you a good view of the street, great for people watching. I would say it has the best pub grub in the area, and strongly suggest you try the Bruschetta for entre - delicious! They also serve breakfast and brunch! A wide selection of European meals, if you're feeling homesick :)

Every day they have happy hour from 4-7pm, and on Mondays they have free pool and free use of the jukebox. Saturday is Ladies Night with a free welcome drink after 7pm, and buy one get one free on cocktails. The only downside with the buy one get one free cocktails - we got all our drinks at the same time, and they became watery. They have other specials and deals throughout the week also, and a live band most nights. Ive also been told that Lee Shamrock plays here during the week, but I am unsure as to what nights.

If you have a work function, the pub can actually be booked for private parties - we have been disappointed on several occassions, turning up only to find a sign on the door reading 'Invites Only, closed for private function'.

Staff are friendly, and also have a great sence of humour - I had been drinking at a previous location one night before entering the Dubliner and thinking I would practice my Thai - instead of asking for white wine, I asked for green wine (a simple and easy mistake to make), and the waitor used green food colouring to fulfil my request. Now whenever I go back, he asks if I would like green wine :)

The Dubliner: good beer, good food, good location, and great staff.
The Dubliner Irish Pub Bangkok
The Dubliner Irish Pub Bangkok
@ dubliner
@ dubliner

Related Travel Blogs About The Dubliner

Day 1 of the RTW trip!
Ok ... here's my first active travel blog! Just arrived in Bangkok after a 3 hour Bus Journey from Donegal to Dublin, a 50 minute flight from Dublin to London Heathrow and then an 11 hour flight from…Bangkok after a 3 hour Bus Journey from Donegal to Dublin, a 50 minute flight from Dublin to London Heathrow…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals