The Diner

2453 18th Street, Washington, DC, USA

The Diner Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
24 hours diner when you crave breakfast after a night out on the town Jan 31, 2011
Whether you have been clubbing, partying or went to the last showing of a movie, the Diner is always available. It is situated in the heart of Adams Morgan so if you are in that area, it is a short walk. If you are coming from somewhere else, parking is going to be a headache and it is not metro accessible. If you are cabbing it or taking the bus you should be OK, but because that area is populated with restaurants and bars, it might be hard to get a cab out of there-walk a few blocks and try to snag one coming into the area.

Anywho, back to the Diner. In the wee hours of the morning, even in the dead of winter, there will probably be about 15-25 people waiting in line. DC doesn't have many late night and 24 hours facilites, so everyone crowds here. There are tables and a good ole fashion counter. I went by myself and got to skip the line and went right to the counter to order my Breakfast Royale (3 pieces of bacon, 4 wedges of french toast, 2 slices of wheat toast, 2 eggs, and a cup of tea) for $11.

When you are at a table, you probably have your friends, but when at the counter, you are guaranteed to meet a variety of people. During the time it takes to eat one meal, on my right, I sat next to a very sweet girl and when she left, I was left sitting next to a drunk who had to the lean to the left every time she spoke. On my left was a quiet fella and when he left, I ended up talking to some young-buck 20-something year old who thought I had just recently graduated from college and was trying to pick me up while he was up here visiting from Florida. How sweet. I had to put him in the place-but very nicely.

Good crowd, great food, fairly good prices. Lots of after hours people flock to the pizza stores for $5 pizzas, but you could get a better bang for your buck at the Diner. In addition to breakfast, they have the usual diner fair of chicken, pasta, and burger dishes.

Enjoy!
normrider2001 normride…
Home cooking in DC Mar 03, 2009
I was at this restaurant in August 2006 and I still remember it. I think we had pork chops and mashed potatoes. Basically it is a great place if you are craving a home cooked meal for a good price.
Jon Jon
Jan 22, 2006
The best breakfast option in town. It caters to the hangover crowd and laidback DC elite. Open 24 hours.

Check Washington Hotel Deals