The Dakota Hotel

The Dakota Hotel Rates and Deals

The Dakota Hotel San Francisco Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Dakota Hotel/Hostel Jan 04, 2013
Going to my favorite festival was something I was waiting for the whole year, but trying to find place to sleep in the San Francisco just before the Burning Man was almost an impossible task to achieve. The only kind of affordable place that I have found was some hotel run by Indian boys and they were asking for 100$ per night for horrible rooms. I just left my bags there in desperation, and went out to see if I can find anything that I can live with, and lucky I was because I met owner of the Adelaide hostel on the street. I know him from previous stays in San Francisco and after telling him my situation he called me in the hostel so that he can try to find something for me, AND HE DID FIND IT. He got me the bed in the Dakota Hotel which is just few buildings away from Adelaide and also one of his properties.

Dakota Hotel is old but well maintained hotel/hostel on the Taylor Street. From the lobby sharp and small stairs take you up to the rooms area, but you can also take the cling-clang elevator… it is picturesque heheh Hallways are pretty dark and a bit like labyrinth. Rooms are more of the dormitory/family style and mine was four beds with restroom inside the room. There are metal lockers outside the room and they are pretty specious.

Room was small but efficient, beds were good and clean and big window that covered whole wall went to the fire escape. I never hang out on fire escape before and experience was awesome, with many cars and people passing under you while you are just chilling… Bathroom is also small but it fits everything, including the large bathtub surrounded with plastic curtain. Bathroom reflects the style of the building with old tiles with interesting curves all over the walls and the small black and white tiles covering the floor. Guys that I was staying with were mostly working in some of the hostels in the area (only bed available was in their room) and they are bunch of super relaxed good guys and we had really good time.

Location is very central, two blocks from Union square and transportation for any side of the town is fairly easy to catch. My room was not noisy at all which was a bit strange because it was on very busy street.

Another special thing about the hotel is their breakfast. It is included in the price of the room, and it is real deal breakfast. I really hate when I am served “continental breakfast” which is sad excuse for saying that someone serves breakfast in the first place… These guys are serious about their offer which includes all kind of spreads, bagels and bread, lots of hot porrige, fruits, juices, cereals, darn good coffee, and if that is not enough for you, you can cook anything you’d like. Kitchen is modern and well equipped with refrigerators, stows, toasters, ovens and all kinds of equipment you’ll need for your creative meal.

Price per night was $35 but that was during the high season, so I believe that normal price should be around $20.

All in all, it seems to be a good place for longer stay because I have met few people that are going to schools in the area and staying in this hotel. Warmly recommended
Entrance
Elevator
ccjbeachbum says:
wow got lucky
Posted on: Jan 05, 2013

The Dakota Hotel Overview

Location. Dakota Hotel is located in San Francisco, close to American Conservatory Theater, Union Square, and San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Nearby points of interest also include Asian Art Museum of San Francisco and TransAmerica Pyramid. Hotel Features. This 1.5 star property offers limo/town car service and business services. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Additional property amenities include multilingual staff and express check out. This is a smoke free property. Guestrooms. 42 guestrooms at Dakota Hotel feature ceiling fans and windows that open. Refrigerators and microwaves are offered. Bathrooms feature handheld showerheads and complimentary toiletries. Dial up Internet access is available. Televisions have satellite channels. Guests may request irons/ironing boards, extra towels/bedding, and wake up calls. Housekeeping is available daily. Guestrooms are all non smoking. Notifications:There are no room charges for children 14 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.

The Dakota Hotel Amenities