The Cupcake Store

24002 Via Fabricante, Anaheim, CA, USA

The Cupcake Store Anaheim Reviews

Socalfoodcritic Socalfoo…
Absolutely wonderful! Feb 22, 2010
On my last visit to the bakery I discovered that "The Cupcake Store" and "Cafe' Des Riches Bakery" have joined forces! I ordered a cake and matching cupcakes for my sister's bridal shower. Everyone LOVED them! We couldn't stop talking about how moist and delicious everything was. They looked beautiful, too! I will definitely order my next specialty cake/cupcakes from here.
ocwarren ocwarren
not the best, not the worst Dec 26, 2009
Okay, this is kind of bad since it is the first review of this place on TravBuddy!

I was at Downtown Disney the other day. As I was walking out, I notice that a familiar kiosk had a new vendor and product.

Cupcakes, I love dessert especially cupcakes and I felt it would be an appropriate way to end the evening given the fact that we were in the holiday season.

I approached the young lady at the counter and asked how they compared against their competitor. She asked who I was referring to. I told her that I was speaking of Sprinkles. Her answer was before assigning the kiosk to any company, Disney had tasted both products and decided to go with The Cupcake Store.

I thought that if Disney selected, it should be good. I ordered 2: a birthday cake and a coconut vanilla @ $4.95 each including any taxes that may have been applicable.

The coconut vanilla was good. The cake moist and the frosting not too sweet with a generous amount of coconut.

The birthday cake was not so good. The cake did not seem to have any flavor and the frosting nicely decorated, but just a huge amount of the underfrosting just globbed on again without any flavor.

All in all, it won't kill you and will satisfy a sweet tooth in a moment.

As for me, I will not buy another.
sylviandavid says:
Good review... at that price.... It should be moist, flavorful and homemade tasting... at the very least!
Posted on: Dec 26, 2009