The Cuban

The Cuban - waiting for the beer

The Cuban Canterbury Reviews

Stigen Stigen
Very mediocre restaurant Jun 26, 2011
After a day of sightseeing in Canterbury this is an easy and available restaurant in the middle of the main pedestrian area. First impressions are good , everything made to fit an image of "Cuba". It is quite large with a big bar downstairs, and another bar and eating area upstairs.

I liked the decor, and the atmosphere of this place, very rustique and trendy I would say. Ultimately this is a review of the restaurant part of the Cuban, which all comes down to the food...

I tasted a good selection of their menu, as we were 3 people and tasting eachothers dishes as well.

I had duck with mango sauce and rice, an my mom had Cuban caserole dish, and my girlfriend had rumpsteak and fries. We had a nacho starter.

The starter was Ok, but slightly overpriced. My duck dish was 12£ and very very small(not for an adult man!).

The duck was dry and without much taste.

The beef was overdone (she asked for medium rare) and also quite dry.

The Cuban caserole dish had very little taste to it, and certainly no Cuban taste. It actually was more like a Jambalya without the shrimps, fish and sausages.

All in all the food was`nt bad, but not realy good either. Very average. As for prices, compared to what I am used to paying in these italian restaurants with 2 for 1 vouchers it was much more.

It wasn't expensive, just very midrange , about 15-17£ for a mela with a beer.

The service was good , the lady who served us seemed quite nice.

I think this place would be very good for going out and having some drinks, and a party....but as a restaurant it is a bit under par.

I have seen that they have DJ and everything in the weekend , so I bet it would be a good place for a partey !

They had a 2 drinks for one offer going on - happy hour. But still at 8£ for a coctail it isn`t all great.
The cuban bar scene
waiting for the beer
rustique decors
the cheap option menu
nik2blessed says:
sounds good with me, CONGRATS on your review!
Posted on: Jun 27, 2011
vulindlela says:
Congrats!!
Posted on: Jun 27, 2011
joehobo says:
Quite interesting Doc...and a bit funny too.Nice that you enjoyed it.
Posted on: Jun 26, 2011
kaikent kaikent
Cuban Jun 24, 2011
If you're looking for a wonderful evening, filled with great drinks, great food and fantastic music... Cuban really is the place to be if ever in Canterbury.

Although it is a little on the pricey side, the great service, incredible venue and general nice place to be feel really makes up for that extra few pennies.

Really worth checking out....

Check Canterbury Hotel Deals