4924 Prytania Street, New Orleans, LA, USA

The Creole Creamery New Orleans Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Delicious! Mar 06, 2011
I had seen the Creole Creamery featured on a couple different Travel Channel shows, and knew if I ever made it to New Orleans that I HAD to go here.

They have hundreds of ice cream flavors, with probably two dozen available daily. One cooler even had all the available chocolate options. They have traditional flavors and then some more creative, gourmet ice creams.

I sampled the bananas foster and peanut butter fudge pie. But, when it came to ordering, I got a scoop of the king cake batter ice cream and the peanut butter fudge pie in one of their homemade waffle cones. The king cake batter ice cream is one of the season's most popular flavors. I don't care for king cake itself, but being Mardi Gras time in New Orleans, I couldn't pass it up. And, it was REALLY, REALLY good, one of my favorite ice creams ever.

The Creole Creamery has their own food challenge, the Tchoupitoulas Sundae that I should have tried. It's 8 scoops of ice cream, 8 toppings, cherries and whipped cream to be completed by one person. The Creole Creamery is a small ice cream shop, with a few tables available to eat your ice cream there. Or being portable, it is located near the Garden District, so I'd be just as apt to stroll through there while eating the ice cream.
yadilitta yadilitta
Jan 28, 2008
"Eat Ice Cream, be happy :) "

What else can I say? It was the perfect thing after a hard day working. They offer not only a wide variety of flavors, many of them unusual, but also I should say it's an experience itself.

Of course you can always find there the traditional flavors like vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, cookies and cream, mint chocolate chip and a few others. But many of their flavors change. So, if you don't find your usually favorite flavor, don't feel sad and try an unusual one like: Blue Cheese Walnut, Salted Caramel, Doberge Cake, Coffee & Doughnuts, Butternut Squash w/ Woodchuck Cider & Creme Fraiche, Redvelvet Cake, etc. Maybe it will be a huge discovery.

By the way, they were also offering a King Cake's Ice Cream too.
King Cake's Ice Cream
X_Drive says:
Sounds like a good place to try! :)
Posted on: Feb 18, 2008