The Crazy Crab

902 Main St, Reedville, VA, USA

The Crazy Crab   Reedville Reviews

grandmar grandmar
Reedville Marina Restaurant Feb 03, 2017
The owner used to be a menhaden spotter pilot and his wife is the daughter of a menhaden fisherman.

The restaurant is open mid -May to mid-December, Tuesday to Sunday 11:30 am to 9:00 pm, closed Monday.

A review says: The restaurant opened in the late 1990s, and owners Charles and Olivia Williams have made a name for themselves by serving hard shell crabs in season, and local cuisine and homemade specialties, both of which change with what is available at the market. Enjoy indoor dining with large windows and outdoor seating so you can watch the boats on Cockrell Creek. Come early to be sure to get a table as reservations are not accepted.

You will not want to eat outdoors if the menhaden plant is in operation and the wind is from the south or southeast.

The first time we ate there, I had a crabcake (very good with lump crabmeat-pictured) with a tossed salad, broccoli and an enormous sweet potato (twice as big as my crabcake), and Bob had shrimp salad which he said wasn't real shrimp with cole slaw and potato salad. They also gave us some hush puppies. This was $29.16 before the tip.

Specials were prime rib $18.95, jumbo soft shelled crab $19.95, something called crab on crab $20.95, and Monterey Cod $16.95.

For dessert I had home made apple pie with ice cream and Bob had coconut cream.

When we went in 2007 I had half of a cup of cream of lobster soup, which was pretty good, although there were some lumps in it that weren't lobster. For dinner I had a crab melt ($19.95) which was lump crab on an English muffin with cheese on top. It came with a salad and a side. It was good. Bob had the single crab cake with two sides (the side of the day was butterbeans which is one of his favorites) for $14.95. We had dessert - I had a berry-apple cobbler, with ice cream which tasted a little burnt I'm sorry to say, and I didn't finish all of it. Bob had a fancy chocolate cake.
Crab au gratin
tables in the restaurant
crabcake (very good with lump crab…
Inside the restaurant