The Continental Hotel Hounslow London

Check London Hotel Deals

The Continental Hotel Hounslow London Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
STAY AWAY, absolutely awful, a rat hole! Nov 26, 2011
This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. On short notice I decided to go to London. I tried to find a good deal, but on short notice there are no good deals. To find an affordable hotel in central London is close to impossible, so when I found London Continental Hotel I was very happy. At £40 pr night for a single room, I thought I had done a great deal. I shouldn´t have been fooled by the price. I was very naïve to believe that it would be good for that price.

London Continental Hotel is located a 5 minutes walk from Baker street tube station. It is a family business run by an immigrant family. I arrived at 10:45 am. There was no one in the reception. Anybody could just walk in, help themselves to whatever they wanted and then leave again. No one had any control. I was waiting and waiting and waiting. In the 45 minutes I waited before it suited the reception guy to show up for work, two maids had past me several times, just saying that the owner was having a shower! He would be there soon! (he never showed up). No one seemed to care about the guests. A family wanted to check out. They ended up just leaving.

When the reception was finally manned, I was told that check in was at 2 pm, so I could leave my luggage in the lounge, but they would not take any responsibility for it. I said that I would not leave it there, since anybody could just walk in and take it. Why could I not put it in the room (I had seen in his papers that I was getting room no 216). He then said that the owner considered that as using the room, so if I wanted to do that, I had to pay for an extra night! Great customer service!

When I came back at 4 pm, there was a problem. They had to change the bed in my room and the company doing it had not been there. I was given a family room, but had to move the next day. When I came back after dinner I was told that I could stay in the same room for two nights. The next morning, when I was ready to leave for the day, they called my room to say that I had to pack immediately and move to another room! I never got an apology for the inconvenience they had caused me!

Both the family room and the single room were filthy. Carpets and walls had all kind of stains on them. The single room was the tiniest I have ever seen. The single bed was the size of the room. The light switch were by the entrance, so you had to feel your way back to the bed after turning off the light. Half of the light bulbs did not work. The curtains were too narrow to cover the windows. Very inconvenient, since huge lights were place right outside the windows to light up the façade of the house. It was on 24/7.

The bathrooms were tiny and absolutely disgusting. Most of the lights did not work. The light bulb above the washbasin wasn´t even there. Mold was crawling up the walls in the shower. The rubbish bin had not been emptied from the previous guest. The rooms were only cleaned every 3 days and towels changed every 3 days. The towel I had left on the floor the first morning had just been hung up again!!!!

Continental breakfast was included. What a breakfast! First of all the breakfast room had only 4 tables and the place had 27 rooms. It is obvious that it could not seat everybody. There was always a line of people waiting to be seated. I felt I had to gulp down my food to give my seat to another guest. What a rush. The breakfast was nothing great either, they handed you a plate with 2 toasts + jam and a bowl of cereal, where they pour the milk and decide how much you take. The milk was the “artificial” kind which last for 6 months – no fresh milk

The reception was very seldom manned, but when there was someone there the customer service was terrible. They were rude, unfriendly and had no understanding for complaints. I asked for light bulbs for three days, but never received any. I also asked for a new towel since I did not know that I had to keep the same for 3 days. He managed to say that there was not one extra towel in the whole hotel!!!! When I first asked for light bulbs and an extra towel, he very rudely cut me off in the middle of my sentence. He said: ”let´s take the payment first”. What a greedy behaviour. They just want your money, but give nothing in return. I bet they did not change the light bulbs just to save money! The last time I asked for it, he said that the maintenance guy had left. I saw the light bulbs on a shelf in the reception. I bet it was below him to change a light bulb! It saved him money too!

WARNING! Do yourself a huge favour, NEVER EVER stay at he London Continental Hotel. It is not only a very unfriendly place, but it is also a danger to your health.
Single room
Singel room
Single room
Bathroom
jamesrodden says:
Congrats on the feature! And thanks for the warning. Now I'm nervous about seeing my 25 euro a night hostel in Amsterdam. Well it can't be as bad as the London Continental!
monky says:
Congrats on your today's featured review Sarah ahh what a terrible place! good to know where you NEVER must to stop by. :)
montecarlostar says:
Congrats on the feature, Sarah and thanks for the warning!!

The Continental Hotel Hounslow London Overview

Continental Hounslow is located within easy reach of numerous London attractions. Twickenham Stadium is quite nearby. Nearby transit lines also offer easy access to such attractions as Madame Tussaud’s and Picadilly Circus. Hotel Continental Hounslow is located only a short drive from Heathrow Airport. The airport and other London attractions can be reached via rental car service or taxi cab as well as by using the city’s public buses or the underground system, both of which offer stops quite near the hotel.

All of the guestrooms at Continental Hotel Hounslow include high speed Internet access. Rooms include desks and televisions, as well. All 67 rooms also offer private bathrooms with robes, toiletries, and hair dryers.

Guests will find that there are many shopping and dining options near the hotel. There is an onsite bar on offer as well as a restaurant. The hotel also offers a meeting room, a gym, massage service, a sauna, and a swimming pool.

The Continental Hotel Hounslow Amenities

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes