The Commodore Hotel Llandrindod Wells

The Commodore Hotel Llandrindod Wells Rates and Deals

The Commodore Hotel Llandrindod Wells Reviews

Higton Higton
Oct 03, 2007
I've put an average cost. I actually have no idea as I'm not paying. Cardiff's hotel is well expensive though... I digress.

The Commodore is yer old skool sort of hotel. There is flock paper on the corridor walls, a Resident's Lounge with brown leather couchs and an embossed carpet which must have cost a bit when it was laid in the 80's. Like all public places in England, it has suffered from a spate of madness regarding no smoking signs - they peer at you from all over the place. Similarly, it suffers from the frequent malaise of the poster-done-in-Word. Given the ink that has run and the tatty bits of paper, a zealous receptionist used her mad Word Processing skills a couple of years ago. We're informed that there can only ever be two people in the lift (or it WILL break down)and that towels should be left on the rack if you don't want them washed. I love how hotels express this in environmental terms when we all know it in fact saves them a shed load of money...

Perhaps I paint a negative impression? That would be unfair. It is homely, the receptionist is very good (bringing me a cup of coffee in one of their mugs that reads "Smile! If you're not wearing any underwear) and my room is big. I've got the little TV and mini kettle with all manner of coffee and tea type things. It is also quite interesting architecturally, at least on the outside. The roof is red tile, but seems to extend down the walls. It reminds of Austria, or, given that I haven't been, how I think Austrian buildings would look.

Not had any breakfast here yet, so I'll update later.

***Next Day***

OK, had breakfast now and it was typical English buffet style, that being branded cereals in mini-boxes, toast done on one of those conveyor belt contraptions and a range of cooked goodies. This morning (and I suspect every morning until Armageddon) that comprised of sausage, bacon, beans, tomatoes and egg (fried). I have a psychological problem with hotel breakfasts that are paid for. Normally, I don't bother with morning nosh, however, if it is free, I gorge myself. Literally. To the point where it is painful. An issue when one is conducting an interview 40 minutes later.

Additional note, when my towel got wet by drying me, it had a faint hint of stale cigarette smoke about it. Not really very pleasant as I am sure even smokers will agree.
Window could do with a bit of a cl…

The Commodore Hotel Llandrindod Wells Overview

The The Hotel Commodore is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to Llandrindod Wells. The The Hotel Commodore boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Each guestroom features amenities such as coffee/tea maker, television, shower. To suit guests' convenience, this Llandrindod Wells accommodation offers room service, elevator, business center, meeting facilities. To unwind, guests can enjoy the leisure facilities provided on the hotel's property, including golf course (on site).Along with its convenient location in Llandrindod Wells, the hotel also offers a wide range of services and facilities to the guests. To reserve a room at the The Hotel Commodore, simply select your dates of stay and fill in our secure online booking form.

The Commodore Hotel Amenities

• Golf Course
  • Coffee / Tea Maker
  • TV
  • Shops
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shops in Hotel