The Colonnade Coffee House

Bexhill, England

The Colonnade Coffee House Bexhill Reviews

goezi goezi
Stop for a cuppa or an icecream Apr 13, 2009
Sitting right there on the Bexhill promenade is the fabulous Colonnade. Tucked in beneath the two domes of the colonnade, in the half round, is the Colonnade Coffee House.

We stopped there for a coffee after walking up and down the promenade and enjoyed a lovely Latte and a cuppa tea.

It was very chilly outside so we chose to sit at the tables inside and look out at those huddled at the tables in the round. I imagine this place hums in the height of summer!

The selection of coffee and cakes, teas and sandwiches proudly displayed an organic label where they could. Beside the entrance was a counter crammed full of icecreams. I couldn’t understand why anyone would want icecream the day we were there but a few wanderers came in and bought some.

The service was very friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed. I must admit (as I have before) my travels are typically from one café to another and this one is a place I could happily return to and spend an afternoon drinking peppermint tea and writing bad poetry as Bexhill moved around me.
Mmm, coffee!

Compare Bexhill-on-Sea Hotel Rates (1.5km away)

Bexhill Map