The Clink

(08) 9336 1919

The Clink Fremantle Reviews

ChloeG15 ChloeG15
Mixed views Sep 07, 2011
I suppose I could be somewhat biased in this review, because I worked here for about 5 months. I worked behind the bar and also on reception on Sundays.

Now when I first told people I was working here, I got alot of "hahahaa really?! why?!" which instantly threw me into a state or worry.. The fact is, way back in the past, The Clink had a bit of bad reputation for fights and all sorts going on. I will admit I witness a small amount of trouble while working there and only went there to drink twice (but didn't have any trouble at all).

People say the pricing of drinks is expensive, but after going out to other bars in Fremantle, I found this place to be pretty reasonable. Im pretty sure, because alot of people do not like The Clink, they feel it should be cheaper. But come on.. free entry before midnight (for ladies) $10 after and $3 on Sundays and Wednesday?! Hardly breaking the bank..!!

Unfortunately the staff is always changing there, but its also a great place to work if you're travelling, because they accommodate alot of travellers as staff! The wages however aren't the best.. but compared to UK pay, its pretty good. Its not a hard job, if you can pour a drink and open a bottle! Because of licensing laws, The Clink are not allowed to serve shots, cocktails, alcohol+red bull which made me job even more easy!

It has been described as 'the only place to go' when everything else is closed, which can be seen as a good or bad thing. It's underground, so gets pretty hot and can look pretty dank (but I think this goes with the them of the Fremantle prisons) but all in all I think its a fun place to go. Just watch out for the bouncers ;) I think they're awesome, but then I worked with them. You don't really want to piss them off or get on their bad side! =P

Worth checking out if you're in the area, I hear it's improved quite a bit in the last couple of months =)
Partying at The Clink!