The Cleveland Museum of Art

Cleveland, Ohio

The Cleveland Museum of Art Reviews

WalterC WalterC
Worth checking out, and it's free! Jul 28, 2015
Located in the University Circle area, the Cleveland Museum of Art is an arts museum with artifacts from different time periods, from all over the world.

Accessible by the Red Line of the RTA, at the University Circle stop, the museum is about a 15-minute walk from the train stop. You would have to see a pond and fountain, to know that you are at the museum for sure, if coming by public transportation.

There are 3 different floors of art, divided in half by an atrium. Some of the collection includes artifacts from the ancient world, like Egypt, Greece and Rome. Not really big, as they only occupy one room each.

The atrium is a courtyard area, where there is a café and gift shop, plus escalators to take you to the top floor to see other sections of the museum. Like the Asian and Americas part, and more. There is even one section that focuses on local art, mainly with artwork from Cleveland. And even artwork that involves Homer Simpson! That alone, made it worth going for me, and go "WOO HOO!" :D

While not nearly as extensive as some of the other art museums that I have been around the world, it does not have to be, to be enjoyable. But not really a must see either, as it does not really have anything that truly stands out.

The museum is open late on some days of the week, and a nice option when the weather is not good outside. And the best part of it… it’s free! So worth doing for those times, and if you have an interest in art history. And see Homer Simpson in an art museum.
museum building
lobby area
Egyptian section
Egyptian artifacts
Vikram says:
God bless museums open late!
Posted on: Aug 19, 2015

Related Travel Blogs About The Cleveland Museum of Art

Hello!
Hey everyone! How's it going? I'm working on behalf of Positively Cleveland so residents and travelers are in-the-know about the best of Cleveland, Ohio! I'm starting this blog as a place to share …Cleveland Museum of Art 11150 East Boulevard Cleveland, Ohio 44106 -- Some of you might know Cleveland is considered…
Home
Well, This isn't really a travel blog but more of just me talking about the place I live. Not a lot of people would brag about traveling to Lorain, Ohio but we do have a little bit. Lorain is the ten…Cleveland Art Museum and More. About 45 minutes west we have Sandusky with Kalhari Resort (indoor waterpark) and Cedar…
Are you offended with my blue striped boxers!?!??!
 WOW!!!!! WHAT A NIGHT AND  NO HANGOVER….YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I woke up at 7am wide awake. I saw Erin passed out and she said good morning to me. She gave me a run on lwha…Cleveland Museum of Art).   The museum, which was locally referred to as the Nelson Art Gallery or simply…

Check Cleveland Hotel Deals