The Cityview Hong Kong

The Cityview Hong Kong Rates and Deals

The Cityview Hong Kong Reviews

kimpigott kimpigott
Right in the heart of Kowloon and next to the MRT! Jul 19, 2011
This was just what the doctor ordered from getting off an 11 hour flight from the UK. It was very easy to get to, just simply get on the Airport Express from the airport (funnily enough!) which costs $90 one way. It takes about 20 minutes and once you get to Kowloon you change on to the K5 bus which was free and it was the first stop.

I had a bit of a nightmare when I got the Hong Kong as I'd lost my keys to the padlocks on my bag. Trying to explain to the reception what I needed them to do was not the easiest. They had a concierge desk which managed to undo both padlocks and also got bolt cutters for the last so that was that episode out of the way.

Upon arrival I was asked for a $500 deposit which was not made clear at the time of booking so make sure you have it ready. They were not happy to take Visa Debit card so I had to use the cash I'd got changed ready for emergencies whilst getting to the hotel.

The room was just what I needed, it had air con, TV, double bed (very comfy at that!, obviously bathroom which had a shower. The room was lovely and clean. The view wasn't so much a nice view of the city but on going out of the city when I was leaving to go to the airport - it's just the way the buildings look so you can't really be disappointed. The picture when booking made it look really nice and I'm sure had you paid the extra money you would have got a nicer view.

I asked the reception about internet access but she was reluctant to let me use wifi, saying the connection was not secure and the only way to use the internet was to pay to use it. Can't remember the prices - sorry. I kind of got a bit annoyed when I couldn't use the wifi when it actually advertises it in the room! This was really the only negative.

Clean towels were provided daily and you also get a safe in the room which you don't have to pay for and you just simply create a number and it's there for you to use.

I was on the 11th floor and I think it was just timing but the floor was quite noisy. There did seem to be a lot of kids from America visiting so this isn't really a negative I just think it was when I was visiting.

Location wise this was great also, you literally walk out of the hotel right and round the corner left past the 7 11 and the MRT station is right there. The nearest station is Yau Ma Tai and only a couple of stops away and you get to the nearest attraction which was the Avenue of Stars and Victoria Harbour which is where they do the Symphony of Lights at night (definitely worth a look!). I would advise if you are there for a couple of days I would get the daily tourist pass which was $55. To get to Tung Chung (where the cable car was) it was $16.50 one way then to get to Central from the Hotel it was $8.50 one way so it makes sense and it gives you unlimited travel for the day. When on the MRT and you are walking back to the hotel, make sure you get to Exit A2. I didn't realise there were so many exits till one of the people who worked there told me this.

So all in all I would definitely recommend this hotel. My first night was a bit disastrous with the key situation and with only one full day there I was going to just relax but met up with a couple of people from here and it seemed a shame to waste a day. It helps to have a nice day to go and see the likes of the Cable Car and the Peak which I hope to do when I go through Hong Kong again on my way to New Zealand.
The bed was soooo comfy!
Power shower :)
Neat little bathroom
serene_lee serene_l…
Ok but not great Apr 24, 2011
We booked a deluxe room as it cost very little extra. The room and bathroom were however quite small (Ibis size really) and the bathtub was also not full size. The room was certainly not “delux” and the decor was a bit tired and shabby – not like the pictures on the internet at all. The biggest problem we had was the bed – it was so hard it felt like sleeping on the floor. Consequently we didn’t sleep too well for the 2 nights we spent here. The hotel is conveniently located for the MTR and there is a free shuttle bus from Kowloon station if you have a MTR ticket. We booked a 2 airport journey travel pass for $285 which also gave you 3 days unlimited travel on the MTR trains. There is a $50 refund on the ticket when you return it at the airport. The free room safe and complimentary bottled water was good. The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean but I think we will look for something a bit better next time. If you want a good cheap non Chinese meal try the Mall restaurant which is part of the Salisbury YMCA hotel on Salisbury Road. We had an early bird meal of soup with bread, salad and a steak and chips for $108HK each.
alyssasara alyssasa…
Excellent location ! Jan 04, 2011
Travelled to hongkong during the post xmas period which was peak season.Room rate was going at approx $200sgd per night for a superior room.

Was pleasantly surprised that they gave us a free upgrade to Deluxe room as the superior rooms were all taken. (Yay!)

There is airport express shuttle bus (K5) that stops at this hotel. This shuttle bus takes you to/fro Kowloon station which from there you could take the train directly to airport (approx 30mins).

Location of hotel is very close to the MTR station (Yau Ma Tei Station) - less than 5 mins walk. Ladies street market & Temple street market is of walkable distance from Hotel as well.

Walking directions from MTR station to hotel : Take exit A2 ,upon exiting A2 you will see 2 convenience stores. Cross the street and you will see Cityview Hotel.

Bed and Pillows are comfy, toilets and towels provided are clean too. Good selection of tv channels , only downside is that internet is chargeable.

The surrounding buildings around the hotel are schools, hence its a relatively quiet neighbourhood at night, perfect for good night's rest !

The Cityview Hong Kong Overview

Situated next to the shopping area of Nathan Road, the Cityview HK provides guests with close proximity to the shopping and entertainment of Tsimshatsui. Area attractions that guests may enjoy include the Ladies’ Market, Night Market, the Hong Kong Museum of Art, and metro Hong Kong. This Hong Kong hotel offers a variety of guest amenities, such as three restaurants, a function and meeting room, a fitness center, a swimming pool, and United States’ YMCA style ball courts and gymnasiums. Further amenities include a reception hall, a chapel, a balcony bar, and a hotel safe. The Cityview Hong Kong is approximately 45 minutes from the Hong Kong International Airport, and a mass transit station is within walking distance of the hotel.

Guests will find that rooms at the Hotel Cityview Hong Kong include many amenities, such as cable television, high-speed Internet access, direct-dial telephones, minibars, and refrigerators.

The Cityview Hong Kong is conveniently located among the city’s shopping districts, making attractions, entertainment, shopping, and dining easily accessible. The hotel is a YMCA style accommodation with many sports and fitness amenities available to guests.

The Cityview Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower