The City in General

Edinburgh, Scotland

The City in General Edinburgh Reviews

hayleycatth hayleyca…
Mar 22, 2007
The city of Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful places I have been able to experience. Other than a bad encounter with a hot dog (which was claiming to be the BEST hot dog in the world) I love everything about the city.

Unlike America, it is very historical. I love visiting a place with so much history and not just "the country's oldest schoolhouse from the 1800s".

We somehow had a connection with a Scottish elder who showed us around the Royal Mile and various cathedrals and castles. It was amazing to see statues of William Wallace and Greyfriar's Bobby, the story of a dog who was so loyal that when his owner died, he remained by his grave for years, until his own death.

While there I attended the British Open and watched from the 18th hole as Tiger Woods won. Sitting in the stands for the day, we experienced every type of weather! Sun, rain, cold, hot, humid...well, everything but snow anyway.

I highly recommend visiting Edinburgh. The streets are easy to get around. We rented a van and drove ourselves everywhere. The only confusing part was the traffic circles, but they grow on you. The hotel was amazing. No air conditioning, but it was "haunted" so that made it exciting. There was a beautiful garden in between buildings and our room was next to a pub so we were constantly entertained by drunks :) And they had the BEST shampoo. To this day I regret not stealing it!
falling_sideways says:
theres not really much need for air conditioning in scotland... we have radiators and we open the windows for that 1 special day a year that the temp reaches 20C
Posted on: Nov 19, 2007
travelman727 says:
WOW! I got the opportunity to play St. Andrews and Carnoustie; but, to see Tiger win the British Open? Fantastic :-D
Posted on: May 21, 2007