The City View Hong Kong

The City View Hong Kong Reviews

mosted mosted
Cheap, good and great location Jan 20, 2012
== Location & Getting around ==

This huge Hotel is right next to Yau Ma Tei Station serving the Tsuen Wan Line, which brings you directly to southern Kowloon or over to Hong Kong Island. Mong Kok is also just one stop away. Its next to the Nathan Road, which is full of stores, restaurants and allows you to walk all the way down to Tsim Sha Tsui and Avenue of Stars. It might take a while but you should do it once, its worth it. A Seven-Leven is also nearby, just as everywhere in HK.

Because of the location its actually a good basis for sightseeing or shopping in HK.

== Room ==

Our room was quite big for Hong Kong, I cannot understand people complaining about the size of this hotels rooms. They seem to forget where they are!

We even had a bathtub in the bathroom and everything seemed pretty clean. The room provided a safe with enough space for netbook, SLR-Camera and all the documents. We also had a standard flatscreen.

The bed was good aswell, just a little small in my opinion.

Internet access was not free, neither on the room, nor in the lobby. They have Wifi on the room and you can buy 1 hour access for approx. 3 Euro which gets directly charged on your room-bill. Pretty expensive but well, we used it sometimes. You can also buy a 1-week pass at the front desk but it was too expensive, I think something around 50€ (if I remember right).

== Restaurant ==

The lobby is pretty huge and has two different restaurants. We had lunch at The Atrium once and it was okay. You can eat much cheaper outside for sure. We havent had breakfast.

== Service ==

The personnel at the frontdesk was really friendly and helpful. The room service came quite early everyday which can be annoying when you are jetlagged ;-)

== Cost ==

We picked this hotel because of the price. It was one of the cheapest in Kowloon with a 3 Star rating and had a great value. It can be hard to find a cheap accomodation in HK, so this might be a good place to stay.

== Amenities ==

They have a fitness center and sauna.

== Conclusion ==

I really enjoyed my stay at The Cityview. Its in a good location and you have everything you need. Except the expensive internet I have nothing to complain about.
Room