The Circus Hostel

Check Berlin Hotel Deals

The Circus Hostel Berlin Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Great hostel in central Berlin Jan 21, 2013
I stayed at the Circus Hostel for four nights in January as it was ideally located & a good meeting point for new friends. It is right across the street from the Rosenthalerplatz U-bahn station.

When I arrived I was allowed to check in early, although I was put in a 10-bed dorm rather than the 8-bed dorm I had booked, although I didn't kick up a fuss. The key cards make a really satisfying noise, which was one of my favourite little quirks about the Circus! On that note, it's a very safe & secure building, other than not having lockers in the rooms. The rooms, bathrooms & hostel were very clean & I saw them being cleaned thoroughly & regularly.

From arrival to checking out the staff were friendly, pleasant & helpful. Some renovation work was going on & so to make it up to the guests, free food was provided every night as well as free internet access at noisy times, which I thought was very kind. Wifi is free but normally you pay to use the computers. There are actually different freebies on every night of the week (eg, soup/a keg of beer) so keep your eyes open for those if you stay!

There is no free breakfast but at the cafe downstairs they offer different kinds for affordable prices (ranging from 2 euros for a cereal, fruit, yoghurt & drink set for example, to 5 euros for all you can eat). There is a cool bar on the lower ground floor, which is a great place to socialise & meet other guests! I had a couple of fun nights there; karaoke & quiz night for instance!

It cost around 19 euros/night for an 8/10-bed dorm, which I think is acceptable given the good condition & running of the hostel, great location & the fact that it's in Berlin! I would stay there again & recommend it to anyone who's looking for a good time!

Also as an extra, Noodle Box across the street does really incredible noodle dishes for really cheap if you feel like being lazy or have the craving! I ate from there two nights in a row & noodles haven't been the same since! ;)
The Circus Hostel Berlin - my 10-b…
The Circus Hostel Berlin - my 10-b…
aus_claire aus_clai…
The Circus is Awesome :) May 23, 2013
The Circus is awesome. The dorm beds are great (I stayed in an 8/mixed dorm). The staff are helpful and mostly friendly. Apparently there was one grumpy staff guy people in my room kept encountering but I never had a drama with anyone.

Free Dinner is actually really good! The bar downstairs is really fun although happy hour is actually only an hour :( lol.

Lock boxes are okay, they are a bit small and can only fit a laptop, slr camera and chargers. You have to squeeze in passport, wallet etc.

Power points are plentiful. Rooms have table and chairs which is nice for emailing etc.

Bathrooms are clean and there are many so no waiting.

Lots of walking tours and things to do. The staff can give you a card for the trains/trams and things. I paid 4.50€ a day. Saves you 2€ on a day ticket from the machines.

The Circus Hostel Overview

If it is the shopping you are after, the Circus Hostel is ideally situated to access Berlin's shopping district.

The Circus Hostel's neighbourhood is known for its nightlife and you'll be spoilt for choice deciding on the place to go and let loose.

Check Berlin Hotel Deals