The Churches and beer gardens

Bamberg, Germany

The Churches and beer gardens Bamberg Reviews

southafricangirl southafr…
Jul 09, 2007
Well, when i first got to Germany i did not know about all that i was going to experiance. The people for one where very friendly and helped me get around. I worked for a single mother and her daughter who was 21/2 at that time. Bamberg was a wonderful experiance. The Altenburg up on top of the mountain. It was an old castle. A very good bike ride up there ,and it was worth the view. Then there is the churches. St Michealsburg was phenominon. Inside was so awesome, the gold leaf scalptures and the magnificent paintings. Out side was the gardens and at the edge was the view of the city.The food was just tastflu and we loved the soure crout and sausages they had in the evenings at the beer gardens. If you like beer, its the place to go, the beer garden where just nice to sit with friends and have a few.I really liked it as i could go on my bike in the evenings and ride through the Hine park. The transportations was wonderful too. You could go from one place to another one one bus and changed to another with the same ticket. My friends and i went to Berlin on a weekend ticket and it only cost us $35 for all three of us. The ticket goes for 5 people for that price and its for the whole weekend.

Great food and amazing people.
hklasek says:
I loved Berlin! I spent three weeks there. I need to scan my pictures (before I had a digital).
Posted on: Jul 09, 2007