The Chimes Restaurant

3357 Highland Road , Baton Rouge, LA, USA

The Chimes Restaurant Baton Rouge Reviews

SoCalGuy SoCalGuy
Great Cajun food and best selection of beers Jun 03, 2012
This is place to go to if you want a great time in Baton Rouge, enjoy beers of the world and try Cajun food. The blackened alligator, hush puppies and catfish are particularly recommended. Located in the college campus it gets the young and happy crowd and also a mix of families from the town. Nice rustic ambience.

Would recommend Parrains seafood place if you like to try best crawfish étouffée specifically. Everything else is great at Chimes.
ahtibat17 ahtibat17
LSU Hangout, good Louisiana cookin' Apr 12, 2011
Driving from Shreveport, Louisiana to New Orleans, we were in Baton Rouge at lunch time, so I googled 'restaurants in Baton Rouge' on my phone, and the first place that came up was The Chimes. The reviews were favorable so we headed there for lunch.

It's a busy place, hopping with LSU students and staff. It is a favorite hangout of the campus. Our wait was only about five minutes, and we were led to a corner table for two.

The menu has cajun/creole favorites: gumbos, jambalaya and red beans and rice, as well as a full sandwich/entree menu. I ordered the red beans and rice because I had to avoid the gumbos and jambalaya (I'm allergic to shellfish, and they were full of shrimp). The red beans and rice was really good, a complete plateful. The dish wasn't too spicy, but it did have a kick.

I'm not familiar with Baton Rouge, but The Chimes was easy to find, with the help of the GPS. It looked to be near the LSU campus, since there were students milling about outside, and there were campus apartments nearby.
red beans and rice
Sounds great! I'll have to try The Chimes on my next visit to Baton Rouge :-D
Posted on: Apr 12, 2011
Kate_Rach Kate_Rach
Sep 05, 2007
The website should provide you with the proper information whether it's the food menu or the diverse list of over 130 different beers.

The Chimes is at the gates of LSU. They have an extraordinary beer selection and the food isn't too bad itself. My favorite thing to do is sit at the bar and shoot the shit with the bartenders or have dinner and then go next door to The Varsity Theatre to see a show. If you are ever in the neighborhood of LSU and are hungering for a beer, walk yourself over and give it a try.

Check Baton Rouge Hotel Deals