The Central Hotel

Check Dublin Hotel Deals

The Central Hotel Dublin Reviews

ItchyForTravel ItchyFor…
Center located and affordable Aug 25, 2011
It is central located, close to the city most exciting spots. The hotel is old but the room is clean that is all I need. The only thing is that my room is facing a busy street so at night I could hear people on the street.
ItchyForTravel says:
Right, the hotel serves good Irish coffee! :)
fransglobal says:
What about the Irish Coffee? :P
kad2135 kad2135
Pleasant, decently priced hotel in Dublin Sep 14, 2011
I decided to go to Dublin on a whim during my stay in London. I stayed here for two of the three nights I was in Dublin, and found it to be perfectly suited to my needs.

The hotel is really central (hence the name, I guess) to basically anything you would want to do as a tourist. It's close to the Tourism Office, the pedestrian shopping area, Temple Bar, and a hop on-hop off bus route (2 of them, actually!).

I had a single room, which was small, but I didn't need much space. The bed was bigger than I thought it would be, and pretty comfortable. They provide you with extra linens if you want, but I found the temperature to be just right. The bathroom was also fine, though kind of small. I couldn't figure out how to change the temperature in the shower, so my shower was exceptionally hot. I was underdressed for Dublin though, so it warmed me up.

My room was on the second floor, which didn't spare me from the noisy streets. That would be my biggest complaint of the hotel. The walls were also thin--at one point I could hear my neighbors talking and it sounded like they were in the room with me. The street noise was also pretty bad. During the day it wasn't a big deal, but at night, I was kept up thanks to the people heading over to Temple Bar.

It cost about 15 euro to get to the Dublin Port where I could catch the ferry. Even at 7am, it was easy to catch the taxi, and the receptionist was kind enough to walk me over to make sure I was on the right side of the street.

All in all, I would recommend the hotel. I didn't eat at the restaurant or go to the Library Bar, so i can't comment on how the food/service was, but if you want a decently priced hotel in the center of the action, I would definitely recommend it. It's clean, and the people are helpful and polite. If I'm ever in Dublin, I would stay here again.
The bathroom. Simple and clean
the room was small, but the bed wa…
the joke of a tv
HuBison says:
Bookmarked it!
Posted on: Mar 14, 2012
Glynnes says:
Will have to keep this hotel in mind on my next trip.
Posted on: Oct 22, 2011
annmo annmo
Very noisy Jul 21, 2011
When booking into this hotel at a weekend, be sure to ask for a quiet room. It can be very noisy in some rooms, particularly at the back of the hotel. When I stayed there last, it was also quite stuffy in the room, the weather was warm and there was no air conditioning so we had to open the window which let more noise in.

The service is only average. It is in a great location around a very nice area of Dublin though
poohstanggt poohstan…
If You're Just Looking for a Place to Sleep... Feb 23, 2009
We read mixed reviews on this hotel but had needed to book something and it was on the cheaper end and it noted close proximity to Temple Bar area. One of the biggest complaints was late night noise (you are in Dublin so I didn't really think much of it).

The hotel was nice, the staff was nice although we had such a battle trying to get the wifi to work. We booked with them because they claimed to have wifi but come to find out, it's only available on 1 or 2 floors and only parts of the hotel. Nice! We were supposedly booked in one of the wife rooms but as we found out, no such luck.

The room was clean and served our needs as far as a place to rest our heads. There was a lot of noise at night but it was related to road and traffic noise.

Make sure to bring the right plug adapters. Brett forgot the UK plugs and they didn't have ones at the desk you could borrow or check out. We did find a place on the way to the Temple Bar area that did sell them.

Breakfast was included and the buffet options were ok, nothing extraordinary, but the food was good.

Overall, the room was ok and if we had to stay here again, I would be fine - just wouldn't lug my laptop all the way there! LOL.

There is a restaurant across the street that notes free wifi on their window and sure enough, they do have it and the food is pretty good so that's always an option as well.
Central Hotel
View from the room
Other direction view from the room
fransglobal says:
Never knew you stayed there. Itchyfortravel stayed there last weekend. See her review.

The Central Hotel Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Direct dial phone
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower