The Celt

(01) 878 8655

The Celt Dublin Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Everything I expected from an Irish Pub…and more. Mar 30, 2015
The Celt is a wonderful Irish Pub that stands next to The Celt Lodge Guesthouse. Well, actually their restaurant, Le Bon Crubeen is right next door. The Celt is right next to the restaurant. They are all run by the same group of people that couldn't be any friendlier. I only spent a couple of hours there but I enjoyed every minute of it.

I had booked myself for another night at The Celtic Lodge Guesthouse but I had to switch to another room. The new room was not ready yet. No problem for me. It gave me the opportunity to go explore the area. I dropped off one of my backpacks and promptly took off on my adventure. i walked around for a few miles at least in what I had assumed and later confirmed was the financial distract. Sounds stuffy but I actually found it very pleasant. But fearing that I might have gone so far that I might have forgotten how to get back to the hotel, I tried to retrace my steps, which was good because it gave me a chance to take some photos from a different angle this time.

By the time I returned to the hotel, my room was just about to be cleaned. I told the receptionist that it was no problem because I wanted to check out The Celt anyway. And so I did.

It was a scene right out of movie (you know the one). The one where somebody who sticks out like a soar thumb walks into a room and suddenly the record scratches to a stop and everyone turns around and checks out the newbie? Yeah…that was this moment. Which is kind of strange considering it's right next to the hotel. They should be used to new people all the time. Maybe they had just never seen someone so strikingly good looking before? Which now makes me think someone else was standing behind me.

Anywho…only feeling slightly self-conscious I walked right up to the bar and ordered a Jameson, of which they were out of that day. So i settled for Bushmill instead. And suddenly the record started to play again.

It's not a particularly large bar but you could spend hours just looking around at all the knick knacks, paraphernalia hanging from the walls, the books, the posters, etc. It even has a cozy fireplace with some comfortable seating around it. The bar itself is made of solid wood. It looks like it has lived a long and colorful life.

The bartender on duty that day was very friendly and we chatted about the multiple personality disorder that the Irish weather suffers from. Like the lady from the hotel, he also advised me not to tip. So cheers to him for being honest. I'm fairly certain that not everyone would say no to extra money from a gullible tourist.

I also chatted it up with a guy from elsewhere in Ireland. I had a really hard time understanding his accent but we got along fine. We talked a lot about music, the U.S., and wanting to go to Australia. I was glad that i got to speak to a local (sort of). That's what traveling is all about. And places like The Celt help make that possible.

Food can be ordered from next door. There are more than a few tables available. There's even a back from full of tables. Beyond that is an outdoor smoking area which is really just the alley behind the building.

I had read several reviews in which people had complained that the noise level was unbearable from the bar if you stayed at the hotel. I was on the third floor so it wasn't a bother for me. i didn't get to see it but they advertise having authentic music.

Really inviting atmosphere. Give it a chance if you ever find yourself on Talbot Street in Dublin Ireland.
Ils1976 says:
Nice to know ... I have to try that next time! :D
Posted on: Apr 08, 2015
hanleyscot says:
Ils - Hahaha…All you have to do is order some whiskey and everything is ok!

Maricar - I keep telling myself that was what it was. Probably not but it's fun to think that. haha
Posted on: Apr 06, 2015
Ils1976 says:
Funny read and glad to read you got accepted coz the music started to play again
Posted on: Apr 05, 2015