The Cellar Door

0 Aldwych, London, United Kingdom - 020 7240 8848

The Cellar Door London Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
Who knew you could have fun in a toilet Mar 13, 2015
I was introduced to the Cellar Door at the end of the London Loo tour and it was the perfect way to end that tour. We were taken to what we thought was a public toilet, and yes that may have been what it used to be, but is now a trendy bar in Aldwych. I don't know how many times i would have walked by this place and never realised it was more than it seemed! The venue, while small, was fantastic. It's nice to be somewhere in London that isn't crazy busy.

Because we had come as part of the tour we were given a discount on the drinks. Originally i was only going to stay for one drink but the cocktail was so good i had to go back for more. But i did notice that the price went up during the night. I think that's when i ordered my last drink! It's a nice place but it' definitely not the cheapest place in London!

But we were provided with entertainment while we were there. The first act was a magician who i really enjoyed. I've actually worked on a magic show in the past, so know how a lot of tricks are done. But this guy was impressive and some tricks i was left wondering how the hell he had done that?! lol We even had a nice chat after he was done performing. And after the magician we were treated to some live music. Not a whole band, i don't think there would have been room!, but a talented man with a keyboard sat in the corner entertaining us.

Overall i really enjoyed my evening at The Cellar Door. It was fun, entertaining and a little bit quirky. The main attraction for us (being on the Loo Tour) was the quirkiness of the toilets within the old toilet. You have to be brave to be the first person to use these toilets as the doors are clear until you lock them. Once locked they become frosted but you can't help but worry when using them!!
The only time i've had a cocktail …
The Cellar Door