The Quay, Castletown, Isle of Man

The Castle Arms Castletown Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place in the middle of the harbour Jun 11, 2011
The Castle Arms pub could probably not be place more centrally than it is in Castletown’s harbour. When I entered the town from the Northern shore side I quickly identified the place of my first beer in Isle of Man. I parked the car and crossed the bridge and walked the 100-meter from the swing bridge with great anticipation in my mind; I could already taste the beer.

Great was my disappointment when I arrived to the first tables of their outdoor arrangement when I saw that they served the beers in plastic mugs; like to a football game. It actually took away some of the fun already there. The pub was old inside to look at. It was a typical harbour place with loads of maritime artifacts and pictures on the walls. The atmosphere was cozy but not jovial. I ordered a beer and got it in a plastic, which I found unnecessary inside as well.

Otherwise a nice pub in an old building next to the castle and the police station – just so you know if you want to party hard. It was fairly busy, but probably due to the TT Race and with a decent range of ales including the even more rare Okell's Mild
The Castle Arms

Compare Ballasalla Hotel Rates (0.3km away)

The Castle Arms Map