The Cascade

Yerevan, Armenia

The Cascade Yerevan Reviews

TheNahit TheNahit
The Cascade Feb 24, 2011
The Cascades, reminescent of a river cascade, were built in the 1970s, or rather began construction, since they were never finished. A huge monument nonetheless, these massive white stairs climb much of the way up the hillside, linking central Yerevan to the WWI monument and platform on top, and behind it, the neighborhood called Monument.

The stairs you climb are surrounded by beds of plants and flowers, and there are fountains and landings all the way up.

The best feature, for those who can't fathom climbing the hundreds of stairs, is the escalator inside (entrance on the left, free and with clean bathrooms).

The top is a massive construction site, as an American-Armenian businessman began work on a museum there to house his modern art collection, but progress has been slow so far.

Views from the stairs of both Yerevan and Mt. Ararat are spectacular, so make a point of heading at least halfway up during a stay in Yerevan!
Cascade !
Cascade

Related Travel Blogs About The Cascade

Who needs a stair master?
We got back to the hostel and it was such a clear and beautiful day we headed to the top of the cascade to get pictures out over the city. The eyes of Yerevan were on us, again.  The Cascades ar…cascade to get pictures out over the city. The eyes of Yerevan were on us, again.   The Cascades are built…
The Biggest Village in the Caucasus.
    On my last day in St. Petersburg, I repeat myself, the weather was warm and sunny.  I had originally planned to visit the museum dedicated to the Moscow Communist Party Boss, Kirov…Cascade, a series of stairs that go up the hillside to a World War I Memorial.   Everyone in Yerevan

Check Yerevan Hotel Deals