The Carnivore Restaurant

The Carnivore Restaurant - Pap & Chakalaka Sauce, Kudu on the plate

The Carnivore Restaurant Muldersdrift Reviews

tersia tersia
Africa's Greatest Eating Experience Jun 26, 2011
After our day in the caves Nabih & I were starving. He wanted the real African eating experience and we went to The Carnivore Restaurant in Muldersdrift.

The Carnivore has quite an interesting concept, it is a "eat as much as you like" restaurant, BUT the waiters bring the meat on Masaai swords to your table... You get a flag to indicate if you're ready to eat or not. As long as your flag is up they come around every 2 minutes with a different meat, when you feel like taking a break, you put the flag on the lazy Susan, when you surrender you put the flag on the table.

There was no space left on the table after the waiter brought all the things we needed for this meal. We ordered some nice South African wine and we were ready to eat...

Soup of the Day, Carnivore Honey Bread

Main Course:

Lazy Susan with 6 Salads and 6 Sauces to compliment the Range of Meat

Pap & Chakalaka Sauce, & Baked Potato with Sour Cream

Chicken Livers Peri-Peri, Venison Meatballs, Venison Sausage

Pork Sausage, Chicken Wings, Chicken Yakitori, Rump Steak, Leg of Lamb, Gammon, 4 Variants of Venison/Game Meat such as crocodile, kudu, zebra, eland etc.

Desserts & Tea or Coffee

Unfortunately Crocodile was not on the menu that night, Nabih really wanted to try it. I found the Eland quite dry, and do feel bad to admit this, but i really did enjoy the Zebra. We took a few breaks, and then we surrendered!!! The food was just too much and we didn't even get to the dessert. The waiters were very friendly and the quality of the food was good.

If you want to try different types of Game, I highly recommend this place. You pay about €18 per person, drinks excluded. They do offer vegetarian dishes, but I'm not sure if this is the place to hang our if you are one. I felt like not eating meat for a week after I've been here.

All in all, a good night out in Africa.
The Carnivore Restaurant
Butternut Soup
Honey Bread
Lazy Susan
RyanCorrea says:
Great review! I'm hungry now :)
Posted on: Aug 24, 2011
Glynnes says:
Nice review, thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Jun 26, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About The Carnivore Restaurant

Around Johannesburg
The Rainbow Nation is a country with a big diversity of people, climates and environments. With 11 official languages, 9 of which are African (the other 2 are English and Afrikaans), this country als…Carnivore Restaurant in Muldersdrift where you can eat so many different types of meat including all sorts of game (crocodile…

Check Muldersdrift Hotel Deals