17 Orchid Ave, Gold Coast, Australia
The Captain's Table - The Captain's Table - Kangaroo meat

The Captain's Table Gold Coast Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
The Captain's Table - For Kangaroo, Emu & Crocodile Meat Oct 19, 2011
Thanks to fellow TB friend "Airportman", I've decided to try some Kangaroo and Crocodile meat during my holiday in Gold Coast. I was lucky to come across The Captain's Table's 'menu' in one of the many 'Dining Guide' books provided by the hotel I was staying in (see my review on Royal Pacific Resort on the Broadwater). Without having to think twice, I've decided to head to this restaurant.

Its location is very strategic and easy to spot. As long as you see the Duck Tours, it's just a few steps away.

Ambiance was great.

Service was quick.

Food was nice.

Portion is huge.

Price is reasonable.

Cleanliness is tip top.

The restaurant was packed within half an hour from its opening time. The main reason I was there was to try the Kangaroo meat. I comes in 2 sizes, the entre, and the main. Since I don't know if I'd like it or not, I decided to go with the entre size. This gives me an excuse to order another entre, which is the Emu meat. On top of that, I got the Oysters too. It was nice and I have nothing to complain.

I peeped what the other diners ordered and must admit my saliva was drooling. Their fish and chips looks very delicious!
The Captain's Table - Kangaroo meat