The Capital Grille

(312) 337-9400

The Capital Grille Chicago Reviews

Stratification Stratifi…
Great eating Mar 12, 2011
I was beyond excited to come here during restaurant week, as $33 for a 4-course meal here is a steal. The other several times I've been here I was not responsible for the bill, thankfully, as it is pricey, but definitely worth every penny for a special occasion.

First of all, whoever thought the lobster mac n'cCheese is a genius, pure genius. This is by far my favorite dish here, and it's only a side. I realize that Capital Grille might not be the first restaurant to serve such a delicacy, but they definitely do it the best. The lobster pieces are medium-sized and perfectly tender and the mac n' cheese is, well, you just need to try it; your tastebuds will thank you. The clam-chowder is great, but the lobster bisque is phenomonal (I am noticing a trend here).

Second of all, the steaks, oh my the steaks. I had the Kona-crusted 8 oz filet this time (usually 10 oz although I thought it was the perfect size) and it was cooked to perfection (medium well for me). Crispy kona crust outside and tender, juicy, succulent meat on the inside with a tiny bit of pink=perfect. Probably one of the top 10 steaks I've had in my life. I also remember the sirloin being equally delicious on a past visit.

Finally, the desserts are beautifully displayed and taste even better than they look. I was with a group of girlfriends so we just got one of each of the desserts available on the price-fix menu which included ceme brulee, flourless chocolate espresso cake, chocolate & vanilla ice cream, and cheesecake (given to us bc they were out of sherbet) All were tasty but the cheesecake was by far the rest. And I don't even like cheesecake!

Not only the food was amazing, but the service is some of the best I've had in Chicago; the waiters here are very attentive. Also, their wine list rocks! Come here hungry and be prepared to eat a lot and leave in an absolute state of gastronomic satisfaction.
jenn79 jenn79
Jan 26, 2008
This place has some wonderful food, good service and is just a beautiful establishment.

We went all out and had the filet mignon was lovely! Not as wonderful as Ruth's Chris but absolutely delicious. The sesame grilled ahi was to die for, lightly sprinkled with salt that brought out a lovely flavor, but which also came with 3 light sauces - nice infusions of soy, wasabi and sweet ginger.

But the crowning glory was their calamari - PLEASE try this if you go. It's great quality calamari, only lightly battered, and tossed with jalepeno as well as something sour, maybe grated pickles?? Whatever it was, it made my mouth explode with fun and yummy! =)
High Ceilings in Capital Grille
sybil says:
it looks schnazzy... :D
Posted on: Jan 26, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About The Capital Grille

New York we have arrived! Let's eat!!
We arrived in New York on time as scheduled.  The trip was uneventful, and we only hit a little bit of rain along the way. It's cloudy, but not raining, so that is good. With Hurricane Earl thre…Chicago, Capital Grill in Philadelphia, Ruth's Chris and many other places in our home town of Annapolis, but this…
Chicago is absolutely lovely
I'm kind of impressed with how nice people are in Chicago. It's been freezing cold, and it's been snowing almost nonstop so Christine and I didn't go out that frequently, except to eat!! =) There are…Chicago, with my favorite one by far being Capital Grille. The city is very pedestrian friendly. All buildings are these…

Check Chicago Hotel Deals