The Canterbury Arms

01639 642 210
The Canterbury Arms - The pub
The Canterbury Arms - More tables
The Canterbury Arms - The bar
The Canterbury Arms - Large Calvery (turkey, peas, cabbage, green beans, cabbage and patatoes)

The Canterbury Arms Reviews

pret pret
Nice pub in the centre of Neath Aug 12, 2013
After a long walk in the Brecon Beacons, I was very hungry. I took the bus back to Neath and came by this pub on my way to the train station. It's located almost in front of the bus station. I was already day dreaming about a hunters stew when I was in the bus. So I hoped to get something similar. When I stepped into the pub I saw that it was not that crowded. But this could be because it was six o'clock on a Wednesday. On the other hand, I rather eat in a quit place. I waited for a while in front of the bar, when one of the guests noticed me to ring the bell to call the barmaid. After a quick look at the menu and the clarifying description given by the barmaid, I choose the "Large Calvery" with turkey (they also have one with pork). Next to the turkey it consist out of lots of vegtables (cabbage, peas, green beans and carrots) and patatoes. They also have a normal version of this which costs one pound cheaper: £4,-

And next to that I ordered one pint of a local draft beer from the brand Tomos Watkin which costed £2,50.

I didn't know what to expect but the dish looked a lot like the hunters stew I had in mind! The turkey tasted wonderful! And I was very happy with the amount of vegetables but I was a bit disappointed about the taste because I prefer them short cooked, and this was more like well done.

They offer a secured WIFI network. You have to ask the password to get connected. Too bad there isn't a 100% coverage in the entire pub. I had to switch my place in order to connect to it.

To be short: A nice pub with affordable good food!
The pub
Large Calvery (turkey, peas, cabba…
The bar