The Cafe Next Door

(325) 392-5623

The Cafe Next Door Ozona Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
A Forgetable meal. Apr 15, 2008
I think this café started out many years ago as a franchise place, like Denny’s. It just has that kind of feel. And over the years it has seen the world change while it cooked and served meals to many people. The present owner keeps the grill going and the waitresses keep delivering the meals and refilling the coffee cups. And today they specialize in home-cooked style meals including Country-fried steak with lots of gravy and instant mashed potatoes. I know that for sure because three of the cowboys sitting at a nearby table were digging in to theirs. I know they were cowboys because they never took their cowboy hats off during the entire meal. Casual, yes indeed, this is a casual diner. And we usually have had good luck at this type of place. The food is almost always good, the service is generally at least quick, and the prices are fair.

Our meal tonight was forgettable. The price was okay, and the service was good, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what we had. I do remember not finishing everything, which means it was either too much food or I was not enjoying it. I do know we were tired. I can’t give a bad rating because of my poor memory, but I certainly can’t give it great marks.

Check Ozona Hotel Deals