The Caesar International Restaurant

(0361) 286225

The Caesar International Restaurant Sanur Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Overcooked food and slow service Aug 09, 2012
I had walked by The Caesar International Restaurant the night before. It was very busy, which usually is a good sign, so I thought I´d give it a try. When I stopped in front of the restaurant to look at the menu, I was immediately shown to a table, while the waitress told me that there was live salsa music that night.

The interior was nice. The front part had wooden floor, while the back had concrete tiles. The furniture was of dark wood like most restaurants in Bali. The orange tablecloths and the candles gave the place a warm atmosphere. All dining areas were uncovered. As most other restaurants Caesar also offers free WIFI.

As soon as I sat down I was given the menu, a cold washcloth and a complimentary fruit drink. So fare so good. Then it took forever before someone came to take my order. I arrived early (6:30 pm) and the restaurant had very few guests, so there was no reason for the slowness.

They offered soup, salads, Indonesian specialities, a good variety of seafood as well as pasta & pizza. I finally ordered a Piña Colada and Honey chilli Thai fillet Red snapper. The salad bar was free. What a salad bar! It consisted of carrot, tomatoes and onions. It took 20 minutes before the Piña Colada arrived. The taste was good, but when you took away the foam, the glass wasn´t even half full. A little later the Red Snapper was served. What a disappointment. It looked so good and it could have been great if they hadn´t over cooked the fish. The fish fillet was very thin and completely dry and chewy. It was like chewing on an overcooked spare rib. What a pity. The seasoning, sauce and mashed potatoes with herbs were very tasty, but the meal was totally ruined by the inedible fish. It was also the first time I had eaten nice and spicy food in Bali. Since it took so long to get the food when the restaurant wasn´t busy, I suspect that they forgot the fish on the grill!

I would rate The Caesar International Restaurant as averaged priced, but compared to the other places I have eaten in Sanur, it is at the higher end of average.

I must have been unlucky with my dinner. The place seemed to be very popular. When I left it was already very busy. Due to my experience with the food and the extremely slow service I can not recommend this restaurant. The staff were inattentive and it was impossible to get their attention. This was not good value for money.
Honey chilli Thai fillet Red snapp…
Piña Colada
Cold washcloth and a complimentary…
sarahsan says:
Couldn´t agree more Vance!
Posted on: Aug 10, 2012
vances says:
That's too bad --- ruining a good piece of fish truly is unforgivable!

:^(
Posted on: Aug 10, 2012
sarahsan says:
It seemed to be a popular restaurant, so I guess I was just unlucky with the meal.
Posted on: Aug 09, 2012